Hypothetical: Minigore styled RPG? Just an idea

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Scytheron, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Scytheron

Scytheron Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Alright so, seeing the popularity of the iphone, and the fact that it has bluetooth and wifi capabilities, and that games like GalCon are possible with online multiplayer, would it be possible to turn a game like Minigore with simplistic Chibi stylized 3d graphics into an RPG?

I mean, think an MMO style but with more versatility. If you want to play on your own offline? Ok. If you want to play online with friends, go ahead. If you want to find a party (think regular online game style) and kill that boss? go for it.

Just my thoughts. I think it would do well, but again, I'm no programmer and I'm just throwing ideas into the mix. Alive4Ever's bluetooth multiplayer works flawlessly with four people, why couldnt a similair game, but with maybe a single control stick and a skill tree and 10 something bosses and 'instances'?

Don't flame. I'm just speaking (typing technically) my mind. Anyone think this is a decent idea? Anyone think I'm nuts? (I am you know... =D)

Thoughts are welcome,
    ~Scy

2. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    wait, what did this have to do with an RPG? The only ideas you gave was for an online mode. And MMO stands for massively multiplayer online, in order to be an MMO you would have to have 1000's of players (think of a massive #) on one server.

3. Scytheron

Scytheron Member

Aug 28, 2009
    #3 Scytheron, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
    No... I just meant the feel of an MMO. An MMO on the iPhone/iPod Touch wouldn't work too well. I have latency issues connecting to certain MMO's with a hardwire, let alone a dime sized wireless card. Although even if it would, not many people would want to play an online only game on the ipod, especially since a lot of times people use it when travelling or out and about away from wifi.

An offline mode would be essential. So you can still hunt for your favorite item while waiting on your girlfriend's pedicure. (okay, I'm a nerd, but not that bad. but you get the idea)

If you want me to be a bit more detailed on the idea, i will.

Basically, you have classes (four or five like a lot of MMO games) and a leveling system. You kill mobs, you get money and EXP, and occasionally items. You can sell and buy items via a shop system. You would have abilities for killing mobs and for strengthening yourself.

I think that with the crisp graphics behind minigore, you could do wonders for multiplayer games.

EDIT: Look at a few simpler MMO games and how the roleplaying system works with them. Think Maplestory, Flyff, Dragonica, etc. Just something that has a decent storyline (granted, most MMO storylines suck) and a way to play with friends or on your own. Versatility is key when it comes to the ipod touch. People like games you can just pick up and play for a few minutes, or sit down and play with friends, or play on your own when you're bored.

4. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Go play Alive-4-Ever then lol! Thats a rpg/minigore-like game! One of the best games i've boughr... And only 99 cents... Get this than minigore!

5. greenhornet9

greenhornet9 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2009
    wait...isnt there some game called alive 4 ever or something that is a minigore-rpg? Oh yeah, there is...

6. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    haha at the girlfriend part... :)

7. Scytheron

Scytheron Member

Aug 28, 2009
    I have minigore and A4E. I'm a huge fan of both. I just like the art style and higher visability on minigore. Plus, there's no class system in either. I'm just saying turn it fantasy and add some levels. I LOVE A4E, trust me I bought it as soon as i saw it. I'm level 25 or something in that and i play it with my girlfriend (toldya i was a nerd =D) and best friend lots.

~Scy

8. Theta-Omega

Theta-Omega Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Classified
    I already made my sarcastic comment about this, but i suppose it wouldn't hurt to talk about this less sarcastically. Release, 1 weapon is available, no spells or items are even in the development phase. Update 1, spell that creates an explosion is added, but it deals no damage and has no effect because they're going to release it in the next update. Update 2, spell is still useless, armor is added, but it only grants the user 10% faster running speed when hit, and it slows down the wearer and makes them weaker when hit instead. Do you see the pattern here?

9. Br3tty

Br3tty Active Member

Mar 15, 2009
    I know wat u mean an MMORPG, like wow but graphicaly more basic,
    I've always thought of a Online zenonia with basic graphics soo to minimise lag but still have a bit of choise over look of character.

10. Scytheron

Scytheron Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Yes. Think WoW (although I really don't like WoW particularly much, no offense anyone) but with simpler graphics, and able to play online, offline, with friends, or whatever.

I'd like a 'zenonia online' if it had a bit more in the way of items and abilities, although it's great, don't get me wrong, and wasn't forced into the 2d grid, and had a bit bigger graphics, like minigore.