2XL Supercross video preview

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #1 arta, Apr 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2009

http://toucharcade.com/2009/04/04/video-of-2xl-supercross-off-road-motorcycle-racer/

Looks really nice. Only thing the riders look a little stiff, and whenever you turn in third person view the game horizon should stay steady to keep you from feeling disoriented. In first person it's cool though.

2. Scott30

Scott30 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Whoa the game looks fantasic....just wonder if theres more to it then just steering like pre-loading your jumps and all. Or even any tricks/boost system. But it does look stunning for a iphone game.

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Yeah it would be cool if you could do tricks as well and boost off a ramp to do tricks. Ah well. The game looks great and has a great send of speed.

Nice to see racers finally being done right on the device.

4. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

Okay, you know the game is hard if the games own dev came in 4th :p
    But WOW......this game looks nice to me! I love how he changed the camera view while in game. Graphics look amazing. Price is kind of high though

5. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Wow looks good. Best of its kind

6. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    This is probably the first real motorcycle racing game. MotoChaser or whatever by Freeverse was a joke and the graphics sucked. This one looks promising, looking forward to getting this game (maybe). Great job on the graphics, game, etc. Looks very presentable even to Obama himself :p

7. mrcc

mrcc Well-Known Member

if u can do tricks like backflip, superman, lazyboy ect. then the game is worth it but if I can't I'm saving my $$$$$

8. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    #8 TMAC34, Apr 4, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
    $8 :(:eek::cool::confused::mad::(
    I will probably buy this since it looks amazing but the price is a bit steep compared to other iPhone games. Also, just wondering, is there a different camera view to play with?

9. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    I didn't believe this was real at first because it looked so much like MX vs ATV, I thought it was just a staged video. But at the end I read it was developed by the same people, so it makes sense. Graphics look amazing for the iPhone, honestly some of the best seen yet. Control looks to be an issue though, as always...

10. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    This one looks ready to go head to head with Dirt Moto Racing, looking forward to what could be a clash of the titans!! :D Hoping for a draw!
    I like what I'm seeing so far, except that the second view looks odd without hands. Tricks and how contact/mistakes/crashes are dealt with will possibly make the difference.

11. mrWalrus

mrWalrus Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    designing games
    Venice, CA
    Just heads up.. but if the game looks vaguely familiar it's because these guys also made Motocross Madness (of course they were all at Rainbow Studios then).

Anyway, as a former Rainbow Studios employee myself I've got nothing but love for the guys at 2XL, lots of talent over there. I'm really looking forward to this title.

12. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    (Motonews.com forums)

13. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Backflips for sure but not sure about the extra stuff.

14. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer