iPhone games that made you curious about the console version.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by don_k, Sep 8, 2009.

1. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Inspired by "Lite Versions That Made You Buy The Full Version" thread (and heaps of similar threads before that), let's make a list of iPhone games that made you curious about the console version.

My list:

1. Resident Evil 4: I just can't believe how immersive the game is. It has good graphics, content, depth and replay value - and isn't on rails like Doom (which I also like). After hearing that it's nothing compared to the console version, I got curious and checked out some youtube clips of the console version. It's AWESOME!! Safe to say I'm now a Resident Evil fan. I even watch Degeneration movie and the three movies (crap compared to the game btw).

2. Terminator Salvation: Great and fun game. I watched the console version but didn't fall in love. However, this game made me very interested in 3PS action-shooter.

3. Megaman II: After hearing it's not the same with the original NES version - I tried the console version and.. it's indeed better. Frustratingly hard too! I'm still not Megaman fan, but it's a classic. The levels, gameplay, weapons and enemies are creative and innovative - can't believe it was released in 1989!

4. Assassin's Creed: Well, this game is listed not because the iPhone version was great, but because it's pretty mediocre. That's why I became curious why this game is really popular, so I watched the console versions and, of course, I understand why. Maybe it's the same strategy Konami use with their Silent Hill and MGS? :p

2. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Bony know if it counts but mine will be Minigore. I saw a video of fat princess in the games thread and can't wait to try it out if/when I do get a ps3

3. MarsApp

MarsApp Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    I will say the Real Tennis...

4. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Spore: Origins- This game sucked so bad it made me think there is no way a pc game with all that hype could be anywhere as bad. I then realized EA just threw the worst part of the game on the app store

5. jmmsmth

jmmsmth Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    speaking as a huge fan of the PC version: YES THEY DID! but from another point of view theres no way they could've added the games many other features so im not complaining

6. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Yeah, they threw the joint worst part in the app store, the lite of Spore: Origins made me want to get the full version of Spore, then i realised it was 5 average games combined loosely with little depth, just visual changes

7. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    wow, how cheap....

8. ripofra

ripofra Well-Known Member

Super Monkey Ball, which made my buy SMB Adventure for PSP. I also want De Blob but I don't have a Wii or DS.

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I think I buy too many games... I'm not sure there is anything on the iPhone with a console version I haven't already played... or chosen not to play due to it being total crap (Terminator Salvation).

10. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    I tried "i love katamari" for the iPhone. And it was awesome! :0
    I knew what the game was before, but I didn't know what it was about and how the gameplay worked so I used to think it was stupid.
    Though it is stupid, it's actually really fun.
    I got the demo of "Beautiful Katamari" and it was even more fun!
    I dunno, the concept of running over things into a ball seems pretty fun, pretty hard to explain. :b Now I want to actually buy the game for the Xbox but I can't find it anywhere. DX

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Beware though, it's only fun for one game. Now there are about... 6 katamari games?... and they're all so similar it's ridiculous. They think sticking new menus in makes it a sequel.

12. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Mass Effect; MGS4

13. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    awesome game. hard if your team sucks, but aweseome

14. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    I'd have to say I Love Katamari and Assassin's Creed.

15. jeknightx

jeknightx Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    fatprincess is amazing i bought it last week but it is boring online if your team sucks