Ditching ps3 and looking towards the future

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by somedumbgamer, Jul 5, 2013.

1. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    I love playing games on my ipad so much that my ps3 has become very dusty. Im looking at the ps4 though and think I may need one.

Today, I posted my ps3 and game collection on craig's list. I figure that I never play old games and it's never really as fun for me to go back and play an older game so may as well try and get some cash and look forward to the next generation.

Anyone else thinking about selling their ps3 now, while it still has value, and then pick up a ps4 in November?

2. dojit

dojit Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Birmingham
    Aslong as there is PS +, I do not think I will ever sell my PS3 and the transition to PS4 will be smooth with it carrying over. But I can see why you would sell the PS3, I don't this in the past with too with other console launches.

3. Clyde Lin

Clyde Lin Member

Jul 5, 2013
    i'm more expecting XBOX ONE because of the Kinect 2. with the improved accuracy and performance, there will be many amazing game.

4. somedumbgamer

May 4, 2013
    Yeah, maybe I'm just lazy but I don't wanna move around to play. I love to just stretch out on the couch too much.

5. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Keeping mine.

6. somedumbgamer

May 4, 2013
    #6 somedumbgamer, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    Sold my PS3, games, accessories...everything! Unfortunately, I didnt think of how hard its gonna be though when I'm jonesing for the NFL to start, and I wont be able play my Madden franchise.

I think PS4 will be available in November, and Madden is out in August, historically. EA probably will just mess it up again anyway. My expectations get lower each year, it seems.

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I still have the PS3 with the "emotion" engine - play PS1 and PS 2 games on it. Will keep it until I can't get another - although will likely get a PS4 as well.

8. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I hope you played Last of Us first.

9. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    The game's title.
    He looks at the game collection, and plays "they last of us" as his final game.
    The collection speaks, one swan song to end all swan songs.
    Its so meta.

10. somedumbgamer

May 4, 2013
    That would have been the perfect way to go out! It's almost seems poetic.

I cut my losses and sold it all for 400. unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to play that one. The last couple games I bought were uncharted 3 and demands souls. That was probably about the time I got my iPad2, and those two games never made it out of the packaging.

Maybe instead of PS4 I should wait for the next mini retina iPad. Seems like the smaller size would be easier to hold and transport...although is that worth the smaller screen display?