Inspiration from the creators of Mikey Shorts.

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by tso5818, Aug 24, 2012.

1. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    I just read all I could about Mikey Shorts on the creators thread and was thrilled to see that 2 guys from TA forum got together and created a lovely, yet fulfilling game.

I have been on TA for almost 2 years and all I can say is, why arnt there any other people whiling to mingle with someone on TA and create one of there dreams as a game, like these 2 guys did?

I'd admit it, I can't code or design games, but I can make up some great game ideas, stories for games that everyone would enjoy.

Every developer I help out, with suggestions, ideas, ect for there games. All of them say, why don't you make your own games, you have fantastic ideas.

I just don't have the experience and the technology(Mac computer) for it.

So, if anyone would want to form a developing team that has experience in coding, designs and is willing to create many games with my ideas and your talents. Saying my ideas, because I have to contribute in the team, but your whiling enough to make your own ideas or combine ideas to create FANTASTIC games.

PLEASE POST BELOW OR PRIVATE MESSAGE ME IF INTERESTED.

2. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    There have been numerous attempts but the projects never got finished off. An Animal Crossing game was under development springs to mind.

The difference with Mikey Shorts is that the devs finished it.

3. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Well I got the money, so I doubt that is going to happen. Just looking for an experienced coding, designing skilled person that would want to make games with me is all.

Thanks for letting me know that by the way.

4. NinthNinja

Jan 31, 2011
    I'm actually in the process of building some tools for 2D game designs with cross platform portability. Once these tools are made then games can be cranked out. I too have money stashed away just looking for something interesting to do.

I'm pretty highly skilled and my recent games have been:

1. Mutant Storm
    2. Space Tripper
    3. Jet Car Stunts

So I kind of like the idea of using this community to build a game. But as I pointed out most things started on the internet fail because people lose interest. But saying that what would someone like yourself bring to the table?

Any artists out there interested in something like this?

5. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    You made jet car stunts? That's a very interesting game. When I played it, I had a different idea for the game. My ideas may take awhile to make, but some would take a shorter while to create. Like I said, I can bring brainstorming ideas and money to the table. If anyone is whiling to work with a person that just can ship out ideas left and right. I'm there man.

If I had you, and apparently and artist, that your looking for. We could make a great team? Also, as you progress on creating games or learning 2D coding and stuff. I could get kits myself and learn as well.

6. NinthNinja

Jan 31, 2011
    I worked on Jet Car Stunts - I did not do the whole game.

I'm not learning 2D coding - that's a skill I picked up a long time ago ;)

I'm going to decline this offer because after spending a day playing Mikey Shorts I had to catch up with my work which meant working through the night which in turn made me post into this thread... I just got carried away with the excitement of Mikey Shorts ;)

My advice for you is to learn to code then you will be able to implement your own ideas. It may take time but it will be worth it :)

7. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    That's ok, hope you the best on what your doing. Yea, I've been looking up coding things on the Internet. Hopefully you will see me shine one day lol.