I Started Blog about my IOS game development

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Thwapp, May 13, 2013.

1. Thwapp

Thwapp Member

Apr 20, 2013
    Here is the blog about my first try at IOS game development:

http://vidopiac.blogspot.com/

I am trying to make it more engaging and less of a laundy list of things to do.
    Any comments are welcome

2. Appvism

Appvism Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    UK
    Thanks for sharing, and keep it up! - i like to read up other dev's blog on their own game development, so i'll keep an eye on this one too!

I would also suggest, if you haven't done so already, to create a Twitter account and update that as well - not just with your blog posts, but maybe also other stuff/news/comments too.

Thanks,

3. Thwapp

Thwapp Member

Apr 20, 2013
  4. R3v

R3v Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    CMO @ PIXEL FEDERATION
    Hi, interesting reading! I've bookmarked your site :) I've recently started a blog too, mostly about mobile app / games marketing - you can check it out here.

Fingers crossed, keep writing cool content :)

5. Thwapp

Thwapp Member

Apr 20, 2013
    R3v, I read your blog, very professional and it puts mine to shame :). But at this time coding is taking up all my free time.

6. kimkl85

kimkl85 New Member

May 17, 2013
    Developer
    New Jersey
    Just having a blog that users can engage on sounds amazing to me. Both of you guys have my respects. @Thwapp what kind of project are you working on currently? Also, did you integrate twitter on your blog somewhere? I would like to follow. @R3V I am now following you on twitter.

7. spastion

spastion New Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Oh dude thanks for sharing. This is great!

8. iChris

iChris Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Software Developer
    Dortmund, Germany
    Love to read dev blogs. Thanks.
    Did I get it right that your enemies walk random directions until the hero comes close to them? Do you have different kind of enemies ? Maybe there could be different modes of moving. Something like
    1) Move forward if possible else turn left.
    2) Follow hero -> update A* every time hero moves
    This would help players to estimate next steps of a monster.
    Just an idea that came to my mind while reading our block.

9. Thwapp

Thwapp Member

Apr 20, 2013
    #9 Thwapp, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    Spastion - I'm glad you enjoyed it.

iChris- This is an early alpha engine build, yes enemies wander until a certain distance is reached, it's variable, and the enemy updates every 2 seconds. I need to change the movement routines so the player and the enemies do not move at the same time.

I just put in the enemies will not walk over each other. There are some issues but I just started.

There will be many enemies with different move types and actions. Some will move to you and stop your movement, other will charge, and some will explode and other shoot on sight. I want movement to be sound driven also. So breaking a door down will have a greater ai activation distance and shooting a gun will alert all enemies, with hearing, in the active map zone

10. Thwapp

Thwapp Member

Apr 20, 2013
    #10 Thwapp, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    kimkl85. Integrating into twitterfeed now. The game is a zombie survival, gauntlet run, roguelike game. I have an idea for another game but in a completely different style. I also love matching games like Puzzle Quest. Im going to prototype several games so everything is up in the air now.

Just finished vidopiac twitter acct and twitterfeed integrated

11. Thwapp

Thwapp Member

Apr 20, 2013