iPhone 6 plus MFi case controller

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by q8phantom, May 9, 2015.

1. q8phantom

q8phantom Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Hi,

I would love to know if there's any specialized controller for the 6+

For example, the 6+ can be covered to look like the vita, it would be sexy!

Something like this

[​IMG]

Not sure why companies are not releasing a specialized case for the 6+ or the 6? I'm one interested person and would love that over a standalone wireless controller, that will save size.

2. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Not quite yet, but a few options should be coming soon!

Your best bet at the moment is the full-sized Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i, which is comfortably heavy and features a solid iPhone grip.

3. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Thanks a lot, I think I need to order one this upcoming weeks for my project, still not sure if the Mad Catz is the best option.

I've just seen the last review on your site, there's the TtEsports, not sure if I can wait for that.

I was trying to find something that still keep my phone portable somehow, in one piece, just like how the Vita looks like, Also I need to make sure I get one with all the buttons and the analog stick.

4. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I would guess a lot of consumers would be leery of buying an expensive accessory that will stop working if they get a different size phone, for instance because Apple changes the size again. I wonder how many people regret buying a Moga Ace Power for instance because they upgraded to an iPhone 6/6+ and can't use it anymore? Maybe that's why most of the MFi controllers seem to be standalone Bluetooth controllers rather than ones which fit around a phone.

5. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    I'm afraid that Bluetooth takes a lot of energy and is not as stable as cable.

For example, I hate using Bluetooth mouse, and just love using the back USB one, with no lag what so ever!

At least I wish if it uses a cable instead of Bluetooth. :rolleyes: