iPhone Isle of Tune HD - coming soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by happylander, Jul 13, 2011.

1. happylander

happylander Member

May 5, 2011
    #1 happylander, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
    hello!

as we are completing the final amends, tweaks and bug fixes before submission I thought I'd post some images and footage from our upcoming release!

Isle of Tune is a town-creating music sequencer sandbox type game that looks like this:

[​IMG]

You can create streets then add buildings, trees and other objects that play musical notes or sound effects when a car passes by. Here is a video of the app in action. Or feel free to have a play of the web version at isleoftune.com where our users have made all sorts of amazing tunes for fun or for science.

The iPad app is a much enhanced version of the website one - there are many more cars, new instruments and shiny new options to set 'traffic light' delays, change the speed of vehicles and other tools to assist tune creation.

[​IMG]

When you have made an island tune you can share it with the world for others to view and rate - and with Game Center integration you can share an island directly with your friends and earn achievements for highly ranked creations.

I'm guessing we are a couple of weeks or so from it existing in the wild on the app store so if anyone is interested in more information then let me know (I'll also have a few promo codes to give away at the time too if you fancy)

thanks - jim@happylander

2. happylander

happylander Member

May 5, 2011
    Whoop! It is done!

We have finally submitted Isle of Tune to Apple! Hopefully it'll be approved and come out within the next couple weeks.

Of all the island-based road-layout music-making games you can buy on portable tablet devices I'm pretty sure that ours is the finest!
    [​IMG]

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

4. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    must admit am also looking forward to this !

suspect its going to be a perfect ipad game.

just curious but are you also planning on an iphone version ?

5. happylander

happylander Member

May 5, 2011
    Ah thanks Sanuku! Didn't know you could embed video - I'll make a better one soon for launch too

Thanks! iPhone version is next in line - have been working on a modified layout to adapt to the smaller screen. Works really nicely.

Our plan is to launch iPad first, see how people get on with it + make any updates where necessary then bring the iPhone version out.

What's neat is that all islands created with the online version (135,000 or so) can be viewed on both iPad and iPhone versions.

6. happylander

happylander Member

May 5, 2011
    Woah!

app approved and ready for sale on 6th October!

I'm mildly scared and somewhat excited!