Any city builders coming?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Yixian, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Yixian

Yixian Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    Medical Student
    Europe
    I know there is We Rule coming soon after launch and SimCity... long after launch, but are there any other city builders coming to iPad? It seems the perfect platform for the genre.

City-building games are a genre of strategy computer game where players act as the overall planner and leader of a city, looking down on it from above, and being responsible for its growth and management. Players choose building placement and city management features such as salaries and work priorities, and the city develops accordingly.

My favourite city builder is Caesar III, where you rise the ranks of the roman empire and are tasked with managing various cities:

[​IMG]

It has more depth than any current city builders in the App Store and really lets you make your city your own.

2. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    +1 to this. I would almost buy an iPad just to get Caesar III on it.

3. mek

mek Well-Known Member

Urban tycoon HD anyone?
    its just as crippled as the first one, and even more so...only bigger

4. G5 Entertainment

G5 Entertainment Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    We'll have a city builder released soon, Virtual City! Actually, the player has to manage a trucking company, but the game involves a lot of city building activities as well. You can check out the game play videos in this thread.