How to save ios games? Backup?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pixeldunce, Apr 29, 2016.

1. pixeldunce

pixeldunce Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2016
    #1 pixeldunce, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    So over the years i have paid hundreds or thousands of dollars for ios apps and games. The thing ive noticed with goddam apple is...if a developer decides, hey i dont want thus game on the app sotre anymore, and they pull it from the app store.....it disappears from my purchased history. How is this even fair? I buy something but i cant access it if a developer decides to remove it...AFTER ive already bought it. I cant keep 2000 games on my ipad, so if i ever want to play a game or redownload a game i bought a while ago and the developer removed it...i am screwed and will never see that game or my money ever again...seems like horse shit. Thanks apple? Thanks for the great support?

So is there a way to backup games or something that we have all bought? This just seems like a huge flaw that needs to be fixed. We should still be sble to own the games we paid for no matter what, i dont care id the dev removes it from the store, we should not lose thr right to own the game we bought.

2. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Download them to your PC or Mac with iTunes and then you have a copy you can install through iTunes.

3. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    As with most software, you were never buying the software. You were licensing it. Folks tout the iOS AppStore and numerous digital distribution systems as the greatest thing since sliced bread. It does have numerous advantages. OTOH, the trade off is we need to deal with how (or if) we back things up. And you can voice your disdain all you want. While I also agree with you, you did agree to the EULA that Apple had you read prior to using the AppStore.

I thought people were saying as of ios9.3 and the new "app thinning" feature, you won't be able to properly backup your apps in this fashion. Does it work again now?

4. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    They stopped syncing apps and updates from the device. It's still possible to download them on iTunes. It's not so nice to have check each app to make sure everything is downloaded to my PC. Just need to hope everything is still in the App Store.

5. AnRiv

AnRiv Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2016
    that was my problem as well
    good thing almsot all of my apps are free so it doesnt cost me much
    I also choose free games like dragon encounter because like you said its a pain in the ***