Happy Street by Godzilab

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by moleki, May 9, 2012.

1. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    #1 moleki, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 15, 2012
    Godzilab, developer of the critically loved iBlast Moki, is super excited to announce their latest game, Happy Street.

Discover a happy world where everybody is breathing and living.
    In Happy Street you will be able to build your own village, discover new places, make friends, play with mini games, fish, craft objects, collect resources and much more.

We will be posting more about it soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    One thing for sure, I love the art style. Super excited!

3. BluesClues

BluesClues Active Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Ya, the art looks amazing. Cant wait for more details.

4. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    This is another image showing the heroes in one of the funny situation you will encounter in the game

[​IMG]

5. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Haha good one. So would that be a scripted event like a cutscene, or would that kind of stuff happen randomly?

6. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    It's one of the minigame in the game. There's a few other funny games like this one.

7. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Big fan of your game art and loving what you're showing about this one so far. Definitely looking forward to hearing more. :)

8. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    @AnarKitty, @BluesClues, @jumpman475 Thanks a lot for your kind words. We are definitely going to add more screenshots and info soon...

9. BluesClues

BluesClues Active Member

Apr 15, 2012
    I bought iBlast Moki 2 day one because i was in love with the art style, and it looks like this game is the same way
    :3

10. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    Yes, same artist. Thomas, has really done an incredible work with this game.

11. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    And old men like me. I am 35 and I play it every day :)

12. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    Here is more about the game:

Discover a happy world where everybody is breathing and living.
    In Happy Street you will be able to build your own village, discover new places, make friends, play with mini games, fish, craft objects, collect resources and much more.

[​IMG]

13. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Ok now I'm really excited for this.

So what kind of social features will be implemented other than the friend system? Will there be stuff like trading or competitions?

Also what kind of price model do you guys have in mind? I think free to play could work very with this if it was done right. I wouldn't want it to turn into one of those wait-or-pay type games.

Looking forward to hearing more info! Keep the good stuff coming.

14. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    We are still working on the social features, so if you have some suggestions of what you have seen and that you like we are definitely open.

You will be able to visit your friends and help them by doing actions in their village.
    We are also working on more collaborative actions. For example to craft a certain type of item, you will need actions and ressources from different players to complete the item.

The game will be free and you will obviously have to wait for some action to finish. But there's one big difference with the existing games of the sort where you can be blocked with nothing left to do but wait.
    In Happy Street you can accelerate everything by playing. So the more you play the more you will be rewarded and when you come back a few hours later you will be happy to see that your village and villagers have evolved while you were away.