Application Description Feedback/Questions

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dizzle12, Jul 10, 2009.

1. dizzle12

dizzle12 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    I didn't see a thread related to this but I wanted to ask the community on feedback about what developers/publishers put in the application description field in itunes.

Any feedback? Stuff that annoys you? What you like to see? Do you even read all of it or any of it?

2. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I almost always read everything. The only extremely annoying thing for me are the preposterous superlatives (best game, most fun) which are just very poor advertisement, and assumptions on what I could think ("you'll love this game", "you've never had this much fun with a TD", etc...)

3. daveak

daveak Well-Known Member

What annoys me is ads for a developers other games which IMO shouldn't be allowed, I want to know about the game I am looking at, not something else. If I want to play another game by the same person/people I can easily do that in itunes.

4. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    I dislike people using "keywords" lists so their app shows up in searches.
    Other than that, I don't really bother reading unless it looks interesting.

5. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    I would like to see clear directions on what the game is about and how to play it. Let me know something about the controls. Does it have local and/or global leaderboards. What will make it replayable?

You get to put five pictures of your game for people to see so please don't just put up one showing your main menu or a splash screen...that is absolutely not helpful. Make sure the pics show clearly some gameplay screens, a pic of the game's "how to play" screen can also be great.

Basically, don't make a potential customer try to infer or magically divine what your app is about. They should know what they're buying when they hit the "buy" button.

6. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I skim through the descriptions if I don't know what it is. Reviews from gaming sites never really have any impact on my decisions.