Borat Playing Peter und Vlad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Raven, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
  2. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Update is here 1.0.1

Peter und Vlad Featured on Apple's What's Hot list and nr. 1 in Kazakhstan :) Borat's favorit past time app just got updated.

Here's whats in the update:

AGON powered awards! Can you herd 250 sheep to safety? Are you hard enough to survive the winter? Is it possible to survive the year without losing a single sheep?! All these challenges and many more in this new version!

Increased graphical quality.

----------------------
    Pocket Gamer:
    "Peter und Vlad is perhaps one of the most polished line-drawing games to arrive on the iPhone yet and the combined weather effects, slick menus and animated title screen make for a very attractive offering. The music and ambient effects are great, too, featuring an impressive breadth of sheep noises."
    Score 8 out of 10
    ----------------------
    GamePro Media iPhone Game of the Day:
    "Peter und Vlad is as polished as a game of this ilk is going to be, and it’s casual enough that it’s perfect for wasting a minute or two at a time."
    Score 4 out of 5
    ----------------------
    The Current Gamer: "Not long after starting this game up, it had completely won me over with its clever premise, its beautiful art style, great music, and some truly solid gameplay mechanics".
    Score 5 out of 5
    ----------------------

3. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    That's so stereotypical yet so funny! :D

4. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Exacly

I'ts just funn

5. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Review: A surprisingly addicting game for the iPhone!

http://appshouter.com/iphone-app-review/iphone-app-review-peter-und-vlad/

I’ll have to admit that when I saw this game on Apple’s “What’s Hot” list I wassomewhat skeptical. I’m sorry but herding sheep just didn’t really sound like the most interesting premise for a game. If; however, you have that same skepticism I would encourage you to at least give this app a chance. I think that if you do you will be pleasantly surprised!

The artwork, music and sound effects throughout this app are very high quality. Overall this helps to give everything a very polished feel. The main menu gives you 5 different options, the main game, a “zen mode” which basically allows you to herd sheep until you get tired of it, “The Story,” a high score list and a “Settings” button.

Once you have everything set up the way you want and you’ve read the story it’s time to play the game! The game controls are extremely simple. The basic idea is that you touch “Peter” and drag to where you want him to move too. The object is to herd the sheep to the barn by dragging Peter around thescreen. You gain “combo” points by getting lots of sheep back the barn at the same time. Every once in a while Vlad’s “Weather Machine” will come onto the scene. Once it does you will not have very long to get the remaining sheep back to the barn before they are sucked up!

This game gets hectic very quickly. I was impressed with how much fun this simple concept was. As you play you will find mushrooms that randomly pop up on the map. Some of them will give you extra speed, or double the points that you score for a limited time, while others will just earn you a few extra points.

The developers did a good job with this game in making sure that the first few levels are easy enough for pretty much anyone to handle them, while at the same time not making the game as a whole too easy. The first 3 or four levels can be passed by pretty much anyone, but after that the game gets difficult quickly! The high score list in this game is a lot of fun. It keeps track of a global list, as well as your local list, a list of people in your area and even a list of your friends. These lists can be linked directly to a Facebook or twitter profile as well!

In short, if you are looking for a game that will keep you interested for hours, and especially if you are tired of the violent and sometimes sexual themes of many games today, this game may be just what you were looking for. At just $1.99 in the App Store, this game will offer you endless hours of good wholesome fun. So what are you waiting for? Check it out in the App Store today!

- David H.