One Show Only - Detective card game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Tristan Dahl, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tristan Dahl

Tristan Dahl Member

Jul 11, 2016
    Indie game developer
    Berlin, Germany
    #1 Tristan Dahl, Jul 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    Hey,

I've only just become aware of the TouchArcade forums so I'm a little late to the party. But I'd like to announce my detective / card game One Show Only.

In One Show Only you interrogate witnesses to a crime by playing a card game against them. Every witness has information you can acquire by playing the card game against them, which creates a unique combination of game mechanics and narrative.
    The game is set in a circus after a performer was murdered and features a gritty art style that complements the tone and setting of the game.

This is the trailer for last week's PC release:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyuQ24n91iI

And a gif of the interrogation mechanic
    [​IMG]

Thanks for reading! If you have any questions or comments I'm all ears.
    Tristan

2. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
  3. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    What about replay ability?

4. Tristan Dahl

Tristan Dahl Member

Jul 11, 2016
    Indie game developer
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks @dragan !

And @vectorarchitekt , the game isn't procedurally generated, as I couldnt find a way to make that work with the dialogue and story. So there's only one ending. There is some replayability though, as you don't necessarily need to find all the cards to discover who the murderer is.

5. Was wondering about replay but makes sense. Story is probably better not being generated. I think it should be viewed as paying for a one time experience, like a play or movie (as the title of the game fits well). Which at the price of a couple bucks isn't too much to ask. Nice work, looks pretty cool!

6. Tristan Dahl

Tristan Dahl Member

Jul 11, 2016
    Indie game developer
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks @RossmanBrothers! Yeah, I'm a big fan of short games myself as there's just so much to play out there and that type of experience was a good fit for my game.

7. Tristan Dahl

Tristan Dahl Member

Jul 11, 2016
    Indie game developer
    Berlin, Germany
    The game has now been approved by Apple and the release date is August 4th!

If any of you would like to be notified on release, there is a mail sign up form at the bottom of the website: tristandahl.co.za/oneshowonly.html
    I'll only send you one email, once the game goes live.

[​IMG]