I'm currently looking for Online Server moderation work [Chatrooms, PR, etc].

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Jordanrracer, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Jordanrracer

Jordanrracer Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York
    #1 Jordanrracer, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    If any, would you fellows happen to know who's just loose to hiring anyone with experience (me) free of charge out of the air? I have an application set and ready to give out if anyone's interested.

The job I'm specifically looking for is from a chat room related application/game, through the range of anything involving an online player base.

I spend hours a day on my iPhone and computer and don't mind using either of these resources on my free time. I don't expect payment, just entertainment as moderation is what I enjoy. I have experience on server work, administration (and knowing what it's like how manage a crew, which can be stressful at times), and moderation for people over the internet throwing cases of harassment at other's faces.

For a bigger and more specific application, PM me for my email.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I don't mind a PR (Player Representative) position either.

-J

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Heck most games with a chat room there are no mods there people just say whatever.

3. Jordanrracer

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York
    Exactly. All I request is to work in on a decent game and a decent populated community. I don't like ghost towns! :)

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Hypai monsters might be a place to start and I think the game is doodle wars 2 not sure but it is big as well. But don't know how to contact the developers.

5. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    I have been a mod at many forums. I played RSPS for a while, and was a mod at quite a few of them. I think the point of being a moderator somewhere is that you have already proved yourself to be a person of the people, by the people, for the people (just playing). I think it's a point of already being within the community, and having the people know you, or else I don't think it would be any fun and you'd hate it.

6. Jordanrracer

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York
    I've been a moderator for the community in about 6+ massive online games so far. This includes being chosen a Habbo Staff member by Sulake for being a 6+ year member with no bans, a Runescape Moderator for playing 4 years and wasting all my real life money on that game when I was supposedly addicted (my brother forced me to quit this game LOL.), Administrator for owning a few Left 4 Dead 2, GMod, and Minecraft Servers (Small coding, 50+ Plugins on my 8gb ram cpu build, etc.) Iv'e made most of my money off my Minecraft server because of their age group honestly. It's easy to use marketing strategies there haha, but also more stressful as there's endless fighting whenever I do a server for it. My servers stand official for around 7 months at a time and eventually stop them on and off for College prep reasons. (I'm 17 years old, 18 in May.)

That's a little of my experience as a Server Manager and staff crew worker. Like I said, just PM me for the whole thing.