New iShoot update rejected from Appstore

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by VeganTnT, Jun 23, 2009.

1. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Looks like the new update was rejected because of the backgrounds with monuments in them.

Ethan got in contact with them and was told that it was found to be OFFENSIVE

um... Those monument backgrounds have been there for eight months! WTF Apple!?

Anyway, The new update will be fast tracked once they are removed since Ethan has been waiting so long to hear anything about the update (it was sent in before WWDC)

2. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    haha thats bogus, the backgrounds have basically been there since the game has came out and now Apple says something about it....

3. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Probably some power trip asshole who had the misfortune to review it. Damn.

4. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    It's instances such as these when I wonder if Apple just accidentally stumbled onto success with the iTunes store.

5. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Sorry to hear that... That is really really lame. Even though I own an iDevice, I f*cking hate Apple with all my heart. The iPod touch is the first and only hardware I plan on ever purchasing. It's because of crap like this that I hate myself for owning one. How could they reject it? It makes no sense what-so-ever.

6. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    Apple really sucks sometimes. They make great products but some of their decisions just confuse me.

7. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Wow. This is just like Apple to do. Sometimes I wonder who actually reviews all these games.

8. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Of all the things people could be offended by in these games I am surprised to hear that monuments are the new target. My philosophy is that people choose to be offended. Ridiculous.

9. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Haha! :p That's why I play Pocket Tanks Deluxe! Ten times better than this. :)

10. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    My thoughts exactly. Pocket Tanks blows iShoot through those 'offensive backgrounds', and beyond!

11. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    This isn't an iShoot vs. Pocket Tanks Thread.

This thread is about Apple leaving Devs in the dark as they take weeks to approve an update then rejecting it, citing it as "offensive". And only by a dev being persistent does he learn that the "offensive" material is artwork that has been in the game for the 8 months that it has been out.

12. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    yes, but by the very nature of discussions, they are divergent. And anyway, what is this thread going to turn into anyway. Just another 'Apple is sooo crap at this and this and this'.....

13. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    They wouldn't be divergent if participants stayed on topic...

And saying "Apple is crap" is about as silly as it gets since we all bought into them. So obviously they aren't THAT bad ;)

---

Every case where this happens is just another piece of proof that Apple has no set standards. It's all subjective reviews that allow updates to pass.

I can see some poor gamer in the midwest clutching his american flag just a little bit tighter cause I get to shoot missiles at miniature tanks on top of the lincoln memorial.

How about this: I am offended at all games with terrain deformation. I feel it degrades the american farmworker and promotes the erosion of our great land.

There has to be a line drawn somewhere that shows how ridiculous that argument is so why not divulge that so devs can follow the rules. It's hard to play by the rules if you don't know what they are

14. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Apple is amazing at hardware and proprietary software. Beautiful, elegant, simple. The AppStore's the only thing they seem to be struggling with. Whether something gets accepted or not is a matter of opinion. There oughta be a set of guidelines that all devs have access to. Just because I can shoot Mt. Rushmore doesn't mean it supports terrorism. If this is insensitive then:

Pocket God is insensitive for it's depiction of Pacific Islanders (someone already had a crack at it, so...)

Rolando is insensitive because it depicts a fat ball sleeping. Not all fat people are lazy, they got fat while working out or some strange gland problem.

Zombieville USA. Are you telling me Zombies aren't humans too?!

Sonic the Hedgehog is just animal cruelty. No living organism should be subjected to falling on spikes :eek:

15. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    ...and the senseless slaughter of innocent geometric shapes...when will it ever end...?

16. aboll2009

aboll2009 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    School
    Atlantis
    While there at it, this depicts destruction of landscapes that could have damn well been in America. Its time like these I wish they put the names, addresses, and least favorite way of torture of the employee that sent the rejection e-mail

17. justThinkEasy

justThinkEasy Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2009
    #17 justThinkEasy, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
    Ethan should just resubmit it. It'll probably get approved.

What was in the update anyway?

18. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    He didn't say what was it in. Might have been normal 3.0 compatibility stuff

I also put in the OP that Apple will fast track the next submission because he has had to wait so long. Which is nice but the fact it was rejected is pretty insane

19. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    sigh...just like pocket god and their iphone icon that has been there for about 3 weeks before apple rejects an update because of it...

20. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Well I don't know where these "reviewers" are, but Apple HQ is mere miles from me, right in the heart of "Liberal Land, California". If this is where the reviews are done then it's no wonder they are so sensitive.

;) har de har