Best chess app for iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Hoggle, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Hoggle

Hoggle New Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I would like to get decent chess app for the iPad, and I'm torn between two that are available. I've been looking at both tChess Pro, or Shredder Chess, both listed at $7.99. They both seem to have a large number of features,but I'm just not sure which one to possibly get. Just seeing if anyone happens to have any opinions about either one of these....

2. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    I picked up tchess pro a week ago, and it's... ok. I dont have any other chess apps to compare it too, but it seems pretty basic. I was hoping it would have more in-depth tutorials on strategy and theory, but all that comes with it is basically a glorified rulebook.

That said, apparently the AI the app uses is extremely popular amongst chess players, as it mimics actual human playstyles very well (makes "logical" mistakes, not just glaring errors, when on lower difficulty settings). It also includes an unofficial rating so you can gauge your ability.