Shadowgun suggestions thread.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by scubi, Oct 1, 2011.

1. scubi

scubi Active Member

Oct 12, 2008
    #1 scubi, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
    So, Madfinger has asked what we would like to see in the future updates of Multiplayer and such.

Let's give them our ideas. Try to keep it organized an on topic.

What I want for both single player and multi:
    Weapons:
    Railgun
    Minigun
    Grenades
    Lasers
    Lightsabers (just kidding) but some kind of melee.

Abilities:
    Roll
    Dodge
    Walk (you have the walk animation already just put it in as a "didn't push joystick so far" option.
    Sprint (this is sorely needed)
    Jump from cover to cover if it's close.

Other:
    More enemies (hulks, kamakaze runners, dogs, cats, frickin sharks with frikin lasers on their heads)
    * Environmental traps
    * Sprint by dragging the analog a little more than usual.
    * Gatling Gun
    * Sub Machine gun
    * Chainsaw
    * Capture the flag/base (MP)
    * Ability to turn off or change the in game music
    * More GORE. Big grotesque things exploding all over my screen!
    * Elite enemies with higher level AI.
    * Infinite spawning spiders are driving some crazy.
    * Sniper Rifle

Multiplayer specific:
    Damage bonus
    Speed bonus
    Armor
    Unlockable items with exp (tall order I know)
    Team and clan utilities.
    Co-op with squad mechanics.

That's the stuff off the top of my head, and some I took off the game announcement thread.

I really like the game and having solved it (and about to play again on hard), multiplayer is a welcome addition.

Looking forward to more quality games from Madfinger.
    I'll try to add new ideas to the top page as they roll in.
    * were added below but combined into the top part.

2. chase123

chase123 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Pakistan,Karachi.
    I'd like to suggest that there should be a sprint option when you drag your analog a little more than usual and when you have a static virtual analog the space above it could also be used to move your camera view and also for the game to not be as repetitive as it is already.

3. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Wrong section :p

But I think something deeper. Eli Hodapp put it perfectly when he said, "If you take away the graphics what do you have?"

Just another generic TPS. Granted the graphics are amazing, but I didn't feel like it was that engaging.

If they add multiplayer they will need to do something that saves their butts. As I am not too fond of the game as of now.

4. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Wth? Go to the other thread for your impressions. Seriously.

As for suggestions, it's hard to not get overshadowed by the whiny pricks so I'll quote myself here from the other thread.

-Thanks a TON for making this thread btw. I hope Madfinger finds it helpful as long as we can keep it to suggestions and not impressions.

5. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    #5 Barcâ, Oct 1, 2011
    Whiny Pricks? Really now? I wasn't sticking to the topic of the thread, which I apologize for. But there is absolutely no need for you to resort to name calling. Immature is understating it.

So lemme add some suggestions, to appease the lord and savior above. (Seriously go to your nearest drug store and pick up some Midol. As that should calm you down) <-- Two can play that game.

1. Decent multiplayer. With more than just TDM, maybe add Capture the Flag, Capture the Base, Free For All etc.

2. If there is a sequel, make it engaging by adding a deep and rich story line.

3. Add more enemy types.

4. More gun types.

5. Add what the reviewers said was missing. They have to judge a game based on the worth and content compared to price, and many didn't think that it was a fair deal. Bug fixes, more enemy types, music that plays to the type of situation your in, high paced songs for huge action sequences. Something along that line.

6. gfxdaddy

gfxdaddy Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    Illustrator | Web | Graphic | Digital Publishing D
    London, UK
    You just about said it all...one thing I'd add:

• Change the soundtrack, and/or at least give the option to turn it off and use music from the ipod library.
    • More enemy types: more biological enemy types = more gore = sweet.
    • Even if it cannot be applied to all enemies, higher-level AI for one or two specific elite enemy units.

7. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I think he meant in the other thread.

I actually thought the AI was pretty good, just that it was too predictable.

One thing I want to see is something I want to see LESS of. And that is:
    Enough with the infinitely-spawning skittering suicide bugs.

Seriously, if there's anything that pisses me off in a game like this are infinitely-respawning enemies. Especially small ones that you have to move, break cover, and change aim for. Especially in an iPhone game where controls aren't ideal to begin with.

Please. Before I cry thanks to that one section near the end - on hard mode. T_T

8. scubi

scubi Active Member

Oct 12, 2008
    #8 scubi, Oct 1, 2011
    Good stuff keep it coming.

Thanks for the ideas so far.

I 100% agree with a sniper rifle. What is MP without snipers?

And you are right about it being in the wrong section. Sorry. Admin. feel free to move to the correct area. As you can probably see, I've been a member of TA since 2008 but I rarely post so forgive me if I put it in the wrong area. I will try to pay more attention next time.

9. coconutxyz

coconutxyz Member

Jul 8, 2011
    maybe a coop campaign like lara croft??

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Good?

I was actually thinking a co-op mode would be fantastic... Though I don't see how it can be implemented, even locally.

11. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Just make this guy move faster, his standard speed is really putting me off

12. gfxdaddy

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    London, UK
    I don't know man...sometimes it seemed like they were following scripted paths. For example, you'd duck behind cover and a grunt would run up and duck behind the very same cover you're using. You dispatch him, move to the next cover, and the process repeats.

13. gfxdaddy

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    London, UK
    #13 gfxdaddy, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
    Some ideas I've had for ShadowGun. I occasionally tweet it to MadFinger, but I do hope they monitor this thread.

Idea for implementing roll/evasion in ShadowGun:

Double-tap (on the side of the screen for look) triggers roll in whatever direction you're moving.

I think that would work excellently. Posted in another thread but realize it should have been posted here instead.

Melee:

I also figure double-tapping on the left side of the screen (the side for movement) to trigger melee. This way you can still look around/get a bead on the enemy as you fillet them. Melee attacks would be picked at random from maybe 3 or 4 different executions, or perhaps based on proximity and weapon in hand.

Sniper Mode:

For sniper mode, use the iOS 'pinch' gesture to zoom in--but have it only work when the sniper rifle is selected, and force it to only recognize the pinch from the extreme corners of the screen (so that it doesn't affect moving and looking).

14. scubi

scubi Active Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Good stuff

I think proximity would be best since we are dealing with a limited amount of screen real estate. I play this exclusivly on my iPad2 so not such a big deal to add another button or two. Bu in an iPhone, I can see it getting cramped.

As for snipers, I like them when I kill them. Haha

On my phone ATM so I'll add the new suggestions to the top later. I just hope madfinger is reading this. Any beta testers posting please let them know of this thread as a (semi) safe zone in TA. I would understand If they were hesitant to come on here but they still have players who like this game here.

15. gfxdaddy

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    London, UK
    None of my suggestions require buttons--I'm actually trying to avoid them. Like Dead Space, the interface should be as intuitive and immersive as possible I think. Having buttons strewn all over the screen just gives your brain more to do when you're in the middle of a heated gunfight.