Your Game Here

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by codepunk, May 21, 2009.

1. codepunk

codepunk Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Hello TA Members,

I am the developer of cruise strike and teeter blox. While we are in maintenance mode for these two titles now waiting on updates to be
    released etc we are itching to get back into a new title.

I have discussed this with my artist and what we would like to do is
    build a new title based 100% on your input. You guys get to suggest
    ideas, name it, fully guide the development within reason of course.

The only guidelines I have is that for a 2d title we can run multiplayer
    internet, a 3d title no multiplayer.

All major players in the game development process will be in the game credits. 100% of the development will be done in the open you will get
    to see everything as we produce it.

First tell us what you want to play and we will weed through the suggestions and put it up for a vote.

What do you want to play?

2. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Wow. That's a fantastic marketing technique. I have to say, this is very unique.

Well my idea isn't very unique, but I would like to see a version of the card game RSVP made. I'm on my iPod so I can't give you a URL but if you just Google RSVP card game, I'm sure you'll come up with it.

Again, better ideas will surely come, but I'll get the ball rolling.

3. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I want a good sports game, particularly football. It's either that or an FPS.

4. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    An awesome 2D shooter, with aspects of BIA and AC only in 2D (top down). It would be awesome if there were RPG elements such as stats too when you level up. That is what I would love to see. CJS and Payback are the closest things to it, though they aren't purely a shooter.

5. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    #5 SoCal_Sponger, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
    A 2D Diablo II-style (fantasy;medieval) hack 'n' slash RPG that includes online multiplayer! Or a 3D Mass-Effect-style (sci-fi; futuristic) shooter RPG!!!

6. somedude445

somedude445 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    I think you guys should explore a new market, there's barely any RTS games on the app store, which is funny because if you think about it the itouch/phone practically lends itself to the genre.

so i would like to see a polished RTS.

7. pennydreadful

pennydreadful Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I'd love to see an RPG based on Greek mythology (think of Perseus' exploits in the classic film "Clash of the Titans.")

8. codepunk

Apr 14, 2009
    #8 codepunk, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
    all good ideas so far

All good ideas so far my artist may jump on the thread later.

Looks like RTS / RPG is dominating the crowd so far.

9. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    I'd love more RPGs with a novel battle system and a deep storyline.

OR

Go oldschool and make an adventure game much like those funny LucasArts games.

10. deputy

deputy Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    New York
    Tactical Squad-based RPG with equitable item that drop from enemies. Squad members have abilities based on class, items, and level. Graphics can be 2D.

11. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    The iphone needs a pokemon like game. It could be called Vpets (virtual pets) or something like that. It could have a virtual d pad with a and b buttons and a start button. It could have online battling and trading of monsters/pets since you said you can do online. You could have paid expansions if you wanted to with new pet packs or new missions. The graphics could also hold a considerable amount of polish on the platform. You could maybe do a pseudo 3d like the new pokemon games, but 2d would be fine. I would buy that in a heartbeat and im sure thousands of other people would too

12. kcbc

kcbc Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    1. A top down diablo style action RPG. With graphics and fluid controls like idracula but a deep rpg system and story (underworlds x 10).

or

2. I understand Archon classic is coming soon to the iphone. Would like to see a game of the same genre but kicked up several notches in game play and strategy and graphics over the original. Something like the DOS game Dark Legions but with modern graphics!

13. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    I don't have a concrete idea at the moment, but if you can make a 2D game with real-time mutliplayer, definitely do that over any 3D game.

14. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    an RPG like pokemon or Dragon quest monsters joker where you train your own creatures or w/e

15. Glowz

Glowz Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Maybe a game like starcraft? :)

16. JavierDavalos

JavierDavalos Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    That's going to release in about a week and it's called Quantum Collapse :)

17. Glowz

Glowz Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Thx ill search it.

18. hazmat95

hazmat95 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    i think first you should make a poll weither about 3d or 2d then go from there

19. codepunk

Apr 14, 2009
    Well actually the game type kind of drives that also....so far it looks very much like RPG 2D multiplayer seems to be the most popular.

20. somedude445

somedude445 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    i don't get the hype about 2d rpg's, wouldn't you rather have a 3d one instead?

personally i like 3d games, caster is my all time favorite, and the only iphone game i'd even think about playing instead of my xbox 360.