Does anyone recommend minigore?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by twilightknight, Aug 31, 2009.

1. twilightknight

twilightknight Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Does anyone recommend minigore? one of my friends told me it sucks, because it has no campaign and the general gaming is incredibly boring. can anyone prove him wrong or do you think I should just skip minigore?

Thanks

2. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    it has no campaign, but it doesnt need it really that much.
    but its gettin a campaign in coming updates anyway

minigore is a game thats going to improve over time, and while its 99cents i would grab it. because by time update 4 comes its going to be worth about $10, and the devs might even bring the price up a dollar or two

right now its just survive and see what score you get but update 2 is submitted and should be released by apple very very soon and update 3 is finished and will be submitted when update 2 gets released. update 4 is about half way through development (co-op comes in this update and has been worked on for a few weeks) so that should be submitted 2 or 3 weeks after episode 3 gets sent off to apple. and by then minigore will be the best app in the appstore.. again

3. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    oh no, not another minigore thread!! :confused:

4. tehsuck

tehsuck New Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Web & iPhone Developer
    Schenectady, NY
    I'm only a casual gamer - but for .99 I think this game is totally worthwhile - it's a fun "pick up and play" type game that is slightly addictive. The graphics are unique enough, so yes, support the developers!

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Anyone that grew up with a PS2 probably doesn't have that section of the brain active that transforms simplicity into beauty. Those of us who were dragged up by Pac-Man and Asteroids know that doing practically nothing for a long time can be incredibly fun.

6. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    Well said...very well said.

7. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #7 ArtNJ, Aug 31, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
    Hehe, that section of the brain can be destroyed over time even among those that grew up on Atari 2600 or similar. There are games I know I *should* like, but the graphics are too ugly. Ridiculous, but it is what it is.

But with respect to Minigore...I believe its rated 4 stars in the app store with a gazillion reviews. Not everyone thinks its deep enough as is...many do, as the ratings show. Trying something for .99 with that many reviews that good isnt brain surgery. You may not like it, but its worth a try.

8. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I found a $1 on the floorboard of my car that week, and those two seconds it took to find were entirely worth it!

9. DirkRugged

DirkRugged Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Games Designer
    At the moment Calgary AB, Canada
    I like Minigore, but it's appeal really doesn't last very long. I would say it's worth $.99, but don't expect it to have a ton of replay value. They nailed the controls and gameplay, there is just no substance. Hopefully there will be some updates soon

10. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    It's a dollar - just buy it! Even if you hate it - you're only out $.99. I'm going to spend 10x that on lunch at Subway. Even someone below the poverty line could probably spare that much. And despite my confusion when it comes to the game's popularity, I don't think it's very hateable. Most people seem to enjoy it. But then, there's already thousands of posts here that say as much - leaving me to wonder why there's now another thread.

11. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    I absolutely love it and with the updates coming, it will be amazing. And anyway its dirt cheap so if i were you id take a punt.

12. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    It's only .99c. At it's current state it's a tech demo, or like a lite version.

13. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    For $.99, it is what is. I think if you buy it for what it is now which for the most part is a good looking one-dimensional survival shooter, then do so. As a rule of thumb, I wouldn't buy this based on what is planned because that's a good way to develop high expectations and be let down later. Until updates actually appear, all the talk is really just that.

14. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    great, a new minibore thread to chuck ma 2 cents in!

if you replace the funky 3d gfx with stick men ya have a game devoid of any fun at all. very boring.

yes i think its a bit crap, played it for about half n hour and not been back since. promised updates im starting to get sick of unless the initial release is fantastic to begin with.

15. redgaz26

redgaz26 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2008
    i love it and hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    for the price it's worth it

16. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    simple: no

the reason is (highlight to read): Starbuck coffee is way much better and worth it

17. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    I say yes. It's a very well done survival shooter with very nice dual stick controls. Not every game needs loads of levels or extra's to make it enjoyable and fun...for 99 cents you're getting a game that has really nice pick up and play action and global leaderboards.

18. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Strangest reason I've ever heard... and why is your text the colour of urine?

19. Mormoop

Mormoop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    I say buy it, why not, it's a good game if you don't mind that there's not much there. Besides they seem like a cool studio and you might as well support them.

HOWEVER... Don't buy into the "it'll be a great game with updates" hype. It's been out for a month now and there hasn't been an update yet. And I may be wrong but the first update is going to be pretty minor and really won't add much anyway. Add to that Apple's notoriously slow approval process and I really doubt you're going to ever see that much more in this game, or if you do it will be six months from now when there have been a dozen new "hot" games to make you forget this even exists.

That said, it's a dollar, and enough people sing its praises that if you can afford the buck it's worth checking out. If you can't afford the buck then you have no business playing video games.

Now can we please stop having new threads about Minigore?

20. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    It's not bad, and like everyone else has said, it's only a dollar. Frankly, you don't get that kind of entertainment for one buck anywhere else nowadays. But there are other great games out there for the same price. Your choice. one buck won't hurt :)