App sale date on initial approval

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mobileben, Jul 25, 2009.

1. mobileben

mobileben Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Zgrunturos and San Francisco
    Hello,

We actually just got approved by Apple :D! I have a question. We are in the "Ready for Sale" status. Can we specify the actual date of sale? We read somewhere that you have 24 hours before it goes into the iTunes store. If we wanted to start selling it on Monday, can this be done?

Thanks!
    Ben

2. nattylux

nattylux Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    My advice is to go in and set the availability date for TODAY.

If you set it to Monday, your app will appear only on Monday, but its release date will be set for today (date of approval), so it will be down really low on the new releases list. That can affect your first day sales quite a bit.

3. mobileben

mobileben Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Zgrunturos and San Francisco
    nattylux,

Thanks so much for a prompt answer. Someone here at our office was claiming that the release date shown is the date you set in iTunes connect ... provided you do it within 24 hours of approval. I guess they were telling me that there have been complaint by people that they got approved, didn't realize it, but then found that their release date was their submission date. Or do we have to make the guy that gave us the info buy everyone coffee and donuts here at the office?

Thanks!

Ben