Don't you feel your spending too much?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by justThinkEasy, Jun 18, 2009.

1. justThinkEasy

justThinkEasy Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Recently, I went and deleted all the apps I don't really play anymore and I actually got kind of sad and frustrated with all the money I realized I had just thrown away..

I've deleted some really big name games.. Zenonia, Zen Bound, CJS, ... it sucks to do it but I never play them and they take up space.

2. brendons

brendons Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    lol those are amazing games :S why would you delete them

its not like you HAVE to get rid of them... save them in itunes :S

3. justThinkEasy

Apr 25, 2009
    Well yeah, it's still in my iTunes, but the thing is I never play them anymore.

I hate how the app store is so good at consistently bringing out good games. With other systems, I'd buy a game every couple months. But with the app store, I buy games daily.

4. brendons

Mar 12, 2009
    game rentals = a good idea for gamers

bad idea for devs i suppose

5. justThinkEasy

Apr 25, 2009
    Yeah, I wish you could like rent the full game for a monthly cost (for cheaper) and then buy it if you really like the game (for full price).

6. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Omgzz... Zenonia and Zen Bound D:!!! NUHHH!!!

7. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    How much would it cost to rent a 99 cent game? Or even a $5 game for that matter? That is already about the cost of a game rental.

8. mek

mek Well-Known Member

just curb your spending, if you want and need a game....wait it out an hour, a day, a week...its cut my spending from like 50 bucks a week...to 99 cents, maybe 10 bucks a month
    that and my ipod 9 screens are filled..and i play everything that i have on it...so that curbed my spending right away

9. brendons

Mar 12, 2009
    meh idk

i guess there could be 2 ways to do it

either you pay like, 25 cents a day, or something like that
    and then you "return it" to stop your payments

or

you could rent it for a fixed period, like a week, for a dollar

i suppose .99$ games would have no use for it though :/

i suppose the rental process should be optional...?

10. foppajoe

foppajoe Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    cuz all appstore games are def. not console quality and you only play them when:
    -you're bored with all your console games (xbox, ps3,etc...)
    -on trips

11. guant

guant Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2008
    i've spent a lot of money on games, but i'm still saving since i havent bought any xbox games lately... I know 2 totally different platforms, i just like the convenience of the iphone

12. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i think it would work like the movie rentals, you pay a buck, and rent the game for 24 hours, or 3 days...then it automatically deletes itself from your device..or has the option to rerent it, without losing your save game data, a lil bait and switch action there...so if you want to finish the game, or beat it, you can pay the additional fee

13. justThinkEasy

Apr 25, 2009
    Yeah that, or you'd have the option to buy the game.

Apple should get on that.

14. mek

mek Well-Known Member

it is logical and feesable

but one thing that differs is that a movie rental, is one file essentially...an app has to be unpacked, installed, and removed

i can see apple doing something like this later on....in iphone OSX 5.0

15. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I used to be addicted as well but in the past month I've only spend $5 on two games :eek:
    I don't play as much anymore, to be honest it's somewhat of a relief.

iPhone OS 4.0? ;)

16. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    A rental options really isn't worth it for games that're $10 tops. I mean, what would they charge for 99c games? 5c per rental? It's stupid. I understand console games, which is why I'm considering GameFly for my Xbox. $20 for two games out a time, no late fees, it's not bad. But for AppStore games, just cool it. I can spread out $40 throughout 2-3 weeks, but that usually includes an album and a couple of movies rentals. Just get a couple of gift cards and cool it.

17. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    You could try not to be so compulsive and wait out for the 99c sale that happens with most apps. Use your judgement based on what games you actually go back to and play, and stick with that genre. And if a new tower defence game isnt better than any of the ones you already have, dont get it.

18. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    I buy about 2 or 3 iPhone games a month. Sometimes less, sometimes more. I do have a lot of paid apps tho. I guess I used to buy more

19. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    I do feel like this sometimes. I rarely play half the apps I have on my iPod but I keep them on there because I'll occasionally want to or I have a saved game on it that I wan to complete sometime. I've lowered my number of apps on my iPod considerably. I usually don't keep much on it.

20. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I did feel like I was spending too much on iphone apps at first, because I was. I would just browse through them and buy them if they looked good. Not anymore. Now I really vet the games before I buy them by reading reviews anywhere I can find them. The spending is under control. You gotta have a plan and a strategy and know what to look for and what you want.