Any good beat em ups on iOS?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kjhovanec, Sep 30, 2014.

1. kjhovanec

kjhovanec Active Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Can anyone recommend some good beat em ups on iOS? Similar to Final Fight and Streets of Rage. Thanks!

2. Columbo

Columbo Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2014
  3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Fist of Awesome
    Double Dragon Trilogy
    Beatdown
    AVP: Evolution
    The Gods: Uprising

I suggest you try these beat-em-ups too... Quite different in controls and in mechanics, but definitely share the same genre, just not in the traditional way:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Combo Crew

4. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Funny how decades later and no one can make a beatemup as good as streets of rage 2. I'll also add Super double dragon to a list off games that should have been bettered by now but haven't been.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^My favorite back in the day are Dungeons and Dragons, and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs. But yeah, nobody has really made anything as good as those classics in this time.

I really enjoyed the latest TMNT game, but it doesnt scratch the itch that them classics left.

I havent played it, but i think the recent TMNT games on the consoles look pretty solid.

6. Geet_Gamer

Geet_Gamer Active Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Trying to come up with total immersive experience
    India
    Wish to play super double dragon

One the best beat them up i remember of my time is Super Double Dragon, plus if i could play cadillacs and Dinosaurs.. also ...my all time favourite

7. C3FFF0E

C3FFF0E Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Moderator in Vainglory Forum
    Philippines
    Same! Cardillacs and Dinosaurs FTW! King Arthur, Captain Comando, & Final Fight Series. I know that this games are not on the ios BUT try to play it with emulators for sure. I play this Old School Beat 'Em Up games on my android device. Must Try!

8. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
  9. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I think if someone made a game that was technically nearly identical to SoR2 now it probably wouldn't be heralded as all that great. I think a lot of retro beat 'em ups aren't that far off as it is either and sometimes they improve upon some things. I still think of it as my favorite in its genre, but I think that has a lot to do with the style of the game and its legitimate representation of its era of gaming. It would be cool if the iOS version got the Christian Whitehead treatment like the Sonic games have.

10. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I dunno, sor2 has some excellent gameplay and move variety. It really does hold up even all these years later just like turtles in time does as well. The perfect beatemup with RPG elements has yet to be made I think. By that I mean like the classic dnd games wich are excellent but I feel can be improved.

11. kjhovanec

kjhovanec Active Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Thanks for all the replies everyone! I'm going to be busy trying some of these out now

12. DaynjaDog

DaynjaDog Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Shadow fight 2

13. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    #13 Lazer Kat, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    1) fist of awesome - best on iOS. Gameplay, humor, graphics, and even a cool story that includes big ass beards, gratuitous bear nudity, time travel, homoeroticism, cannibalism, and punching a shit ton wildlife.
    2) big action mega fight - it's initials say it all: B.A.M.F.!
    3) beatdown - this is a ravenous title that I rarely hear anyone praise, but I love it.
    4) Nakama - a crescent moon release that people either love or hate. I love it. There's a free version to try.
    5) Mutant Fridge Mayhem - another great CN game, that has a ton of charm

Honorable Mention goes to the Zombieville USA series
    It uses guns, but still plays very much like a Beat em Up.

Ok. Later, I'm going to reinstall Fist of Awesome, so I can play through it a third time.