Sharing apps between iPod Touch and iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jamesroy, Feb 6, 2010.

1. jamesroy

jamesroy New Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Hello,
    I have an iPod Touch with several apps that I have purchased. This device syncs to my MacBook Pro. I would like to be able to activate these on my new iPhone 3G S. More than anything, I have an app on my iPod Touch that is no longer available in the App Store. This app is still listed under my Applications in my iTunes.
    1) Can I activate the apps that I have installed on iPod Touch onto my new iPhone?
    2) Can I move the app that is no longer available in the App Store from my iPod Touch to my new iPhone?
    Thanks in advance

2. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    I don’t think you have to do anything: if an app is bought on any one device, it will sync back to your library and be on your computer, as you’ve seen. Then when you sync ANY device, all apps are available.

When you synch your new iPhone, everything should just be there without you doing anything special.

However, unless I’m mistaken, your DATA for each app won’t be transferred. So, for instance, if you have high scores on your iPod, you’ll have a different set of high scored on the iPhone. (Except when an app uses an online service that you log into to keep in sync maybe?)

3. tonyunreal

tonyunreal Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Like what Adams said, everything in your library can be synced to unlimited numbers of devices you own, as long as you do it from the computer that is authorized with your account. I'm not sure about the apps that are no longer available though.

4. angelamark

angelamark New Member

Jun 4, 2012
    #4 angelamark, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012