Submitted my first binary for revision :)

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by MrGando, Aug 16, 2010.

1. MrGando

MrGando Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Lead Programmer
    Santiago, Chile
    Hell,

Finished submission yesterday at 4 AM in the morning... the process of signing the binary was quite painful since my "Distribution" profile , was created on another machine, so I was having errors.

Another iPhone dev pointed me out that it wouldn't work if I was in a new machine, so I re-generated the profile and everything went smoothly.

I'm quite happy now, hope to get approved though :D

2. drewse

drewse Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Nice job! The whole code signing, provisioning profiles, etc. process can be really frustrating sometimes. It's quite an accomplishment for me every time I finish it even though I've already done it a dozen or so times before :) Your problem may have been that you didn't have the private key associated with the distribution certificate. When you create one, it also creates a public and private key on that computer. That private key is necessary for the signing the binary so that's why Apple recommends you save them (that way you can transfer them from computer to computer later on). However, that may have not been your problem since it seems creating a new provisioning profile worked for you. Anyways, good luck with your app!

3. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Software architect, game dev and book author
    xor eax, eax
    Great! Wish you luck!

Just remember: it'll never be the same again. ;)

4. MrGando

MrGando Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Lead Programmer
    Santiago, Chile
    Yeah I don't really know what the exact problem was... but re-creating the distribution profile solved it.

Thanks!