Sudoku like logic puzzles?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by thewickedbadger, Jul 21, 2014.

1. thewickedbadger

thewickedbadger Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    #1 thewickedbadger, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    What are more sudoku-like logic puzzle games that those here at Toucharcade enjoy? I'm thinking along the lines of Blendoku or Fright Heights or something like those.

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Str8ts
    Puzzle Maniak

Dangit, I looked to links, and neither game exists?!? :(

3. thewickedbadger

May 31, 2012
    Thanks for the response

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    WHOA! Looked at Fright Heights as I had not heard of it and it has some SERIOUS IAP!! I am scared to even d/l to try it - I can't afford it...

I don't know if you are looking for specific apps, or general categories so I will try a bit of a mix

Nonograms - There are tons of these out there - the ones that I enjoy are Pixelogic, Color Cross, NonoCube and Hungry Cat Picross. Paint it Back is another popular one that is story driven that you can try and has IAP.

Kris Pixton makes logic puzzles that create pictures. There a lot of these. I believe there are some lite versions. I would recommend starting with PathPix and if you get hooked like I did - you will buy everything.

A variation of the Pixton type is a puzzler called Fill-A-Pix by Conceptis. Hard to explain, but it is free with a ton of IAP - but there are lots of free puzzles that I still have not completed. If you like this type, a variation is done by Kris Pixton that involves color layers as well to add to the experience. That one is PrismaPix.

Number / Logic type - sadly it seems that Syndicated Puzzles is not on the App store - Str8ts is one of the sudoku type puzzlers that has never left my device - phenomenal - oh well. MumboJumbo makes a number logic game called Everyday Genius: Square Logic. Last updated in 2010 - not sure if it still works on the newer iOS.

Strimko is sort of sudoku like that you might enjoy as well. There are several variations.

Some miscellaneous logic puzzlers - Denki Blocks!, Marbly Deluxe, a new game that is really excellent - Perfect Paths, Flow Free and Flow Free Bridges, Quell, Quell Reflect, Quell Memento, Helsing's Fire, Trainyard, MonoSpace and ColorBind are both excellent (although are visual logic puzzles). I see that Daniel Lutz (maker of monospace and ColorBind) made a new puzzler called Folt that has IAP, but will probably be worth it.

Alright, so that is a pretty good list, although might not be what you are looking for. The closest to Sudoku-like puzzler is Strimko.

Some other Sudoku like puzzle types are Nurikabe and Kakuro but I have not had much fun with either of those - but you might enjoy them. There are a number of these on the app store and there are a bunch that are free to try.

5. thewickedbadger

May 31, 2012
    Thanks for your reply and I will check out all of the suggestions.