Polymer Beta Testers

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by whitakr, Feb 11, 2012.

1. #1 whitakr, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
    Polymer​

[​IMG]

Beta Testers Needed
    Hey guys! You might recognize the music I composed for Super Stickman Golf, Tilt to Live, Casey's Contraptions, Velocispider and more. But now I'm making a game of my own and I need beta testers! The game is called Polymer and you can sign up here.

My Site
    Twitter

[​IMG]

The Goal of the Game
    To put it simply, the goal of Polymer is to form strands of connected units, sort of like molecules. This isn’t a match-3 game though. The units can only be connected in particular ways according to their rotations. Each unit’s rotation is chosen randomly, so you never know exactly what you’re going to be able to make, and you'll never play the exact same game twice.

I have an unlock system set up as well as multiple game modes.

If you're interested in a more detailed explanation of the game, see below:

[​IMG]

Polymers? WTF?

According to Wikipedia, “A polymer is a large molecule composed of repeating structural units.”

A molecular polymer’s sub-units “are typically connected by covalent chemical bonds.” In my game, each unit has a dark half-circle on all sides that need to be connected to something else to form a true bond. When a bond is found, the half-circle disappears.

[​IMG]

Procedural Generation

To put it simply, finding matches in my game is a lot like the gameplay in the board game Carcassonne. In Carcassonne, there are many ways to match tiles together, but they only connect in certain locations. By the end of the game, you have a pretty cool looking city with procedurally generated castles, fields, roads, and rivers. I wanted to emulate this gameplay style because I’ve never really seen it done before in a matching game and I’m insanely bored of regular match-3 games.

[​IMG]

As I said above, at the end of a game of Carcassonne, you have created a pretty cool looking city. Similarly, Polymer saves your best creation during a game so that you can revel in your molecule-forming abilities, or show off to friends. Plus, you’ll be able to Tweet your creations from within the app.

2. OneMinuteGames

OneMinuteGames Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Guys, I really advice you to sign up. This game not only looks great but it is also quite innovative. I recommend!

3. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Applied! Game looks awesome!

4. Renegadecitizen

Renegadecitizen Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Look forward to your kickass music for this too