IPhone 5c gaming viability

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by postalRage, Jan 1, 2016.

1. postalRage

postalRage Member

Oct 14, 2014
    Hello all,

Wanted to know the following with regards to using Iphone 5c as a gaming device:
    1) How long apple would support the Iphone 5c with updates?
    2) Is 16 Gb viable if i am mainly interest in games(Not gonna use it for Photos/music/videos) I am mainly interested in playing small games like downwell, Pacman, tiny wings, geometry wars3 or bigger games like hearthstone, infinity blade
    3) Are there any games that do not support the Iphone 5c or is unplayable? How long would it be before developer stop supporting the device?(at least 1-2 years?)

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

1) That's actually pretty uncertain. No one knows where Apple plans to go next, but I can assume two more iOS generations.

2) As an iPhone 5C 16gb user, the phone is perfectly fine for gaming, but the space doesn't get you anywhere and one of my main problems is that I don't have enough space to hold all my games.

3)There are plenty of games that aren't supported, including graphic intensive games such as Afterpulse and METAL supported apps.

(Most metal supported apps also have older devices, such as Asphalt 8.

Finally, there's also no way of telling how long a developer plans to support a device, there are very few apps that support iPhone 3G and iPhone 4, while many apps still support the 4s from 2011.

3. postalRage

postalRage Member

Oct 14, 2014
    thanks for the info; will try to get a iphone 5s or 6 with a larger storage option.