General discussion regarding certain type of simulation game that are free-to-play.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Levendi, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Levendi

Levendi Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Hey

So I was thinking the other day as I was playing the games that I will mention further on in this thread...Those games like Dragonvale, Tiny Monsters, Dragon Story etc (all the freemium games that require you to speed up time by using gems or stuff like that through IAP), what if there were games where you purchased them for like $0.99 as a premium but they offered you a large amount of gems, coins, food etc up-front from the get go and then to receive more gems (in particular as they are the more valuable currency) you would have to complete mini-games inside the app as that would be fun and more engaging.

What do you think? I would personally like to play a game like this where I don't have to sit there purchasing IAP for more in game virtual items when I can get them through playing inside the game than to sit there and do lots of in app purchases that add up to be a hefty bill in the end.

Freemium or Premium (the way I have discussed it) type apps with these types of games?

Look forward to hearing from you guys :)

2. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Woah! I wonder why no developer ever thought of that!

^sarcasm, sorry

IAPs obviously pay off better... And because the games are free they get more downloads.

3. Levendi

Levendi Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Yeah I guess your right...Tell me, what do you think makes people want to even purchases IAP? is is because they are too addicted to the game and want to buy for example extra gems to speed up time or stuff like that or is it because they cbf waiting lol or what ?