New free (time-limited) music app - E theremin by DesignbyPaul

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I stumbled across this app, E Theremin, while browsing the new releases in the music category. I can't post a link because it's too new to have a google link yet...perhaps someone on a PC can find it for me.

Haven't tinkered with it much yet, but it looks pretty nice despite no audio out that I can find. It has 3 oscillators and 4 waveforms, and it's a pretty app to boot.

The description says it's free for a limited time, so grab it if ya want it.

2. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

3. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thank you, Habakuk! I've probably obtained over 100 dollars worth of music apps for freeonly because I scanned the store manually; some retailing for over 10 bucks. Especially audio tools, like Midi Studio Pro.

Recently found a great midi tool (for managing and detecting all incoming/outgoing midi signals) called Midiwrench. I'm not sure if it's still free (it might always be); some people here might want to check it out.

A little OT, but the guy who made what was probably the first generative music game, I think it was called Moonlight (for the C-64), recently gave an interview with Smithsonian magazine in.which he regrets his place in computer development history (he's on a first name basic with guys like Bill Gates and the founder of Google), including his Midi work. He really hates MIDI since it isn't really capable of capturing the real sounds made from acoustic instruments. He knows a lot more than me, but I feel like telling him DAT tapes still exist; you can combine MIDI-produced tracks with analog ones and maintain the quality of...ok, I've really gotten OT here. ;)

4. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Hey Greyskull I just wanted to thank you for sharing yet another interesting app with us all. You have introduced me to numerous apps that I now love and this is. I exception. Thanks pal, please keep it up.

5. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    You're more than welcome! I've recently got back in contact with a bunch of old friends from the music scene; many are still involved...new bands, old bands...Since I can't afford a new bass right now, I've shifted my focus. I want to get back in...you always miss the spotlight, camaraderie, and creative outlet.

6. primozz

primozz Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Ohio
    Free again ...