Notifications for the price-drop sub-forum?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by webman2k, Mar 11, 2013.

1. webman2k

webman2k Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Hello All,

I'd just like to say, this sub forum is a gold mine. There are other apps and sites and utilities that can report price drops out there, but the problem is that there are hundreds of price drops every day. It's impossible to keep up with.

I can check this forum twice a day, and I'll just find great games I've never played - for free. Also, I'll be able to read impressions from other users.

I was wondering if there could be a way to sign up for notifications when new topics are posted? I know the built in option is there, but it's only daily at the minimum, and deals might be gone by then. Even on my twice a day schedule I might miss something.

I was thinking something more dynamic, like built into the Touch Arcade App. Every time a new topic is posted, it sends a banner alert, or perhaps an email. Something like that.

Anyway - if it can't be done, no biggie. Just an amazing forum I'd love to stay on top of a little more.

2. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    #2 slammajamma28, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    A more specific question derived from this could be:

Is there a way for forums to have instant notification subscriptions? There are instant notifications for threads, but is it possible to do the same with sub forums?

EDIT: I do think I may have found a possible working soultion. Use an RSS Reader. I use Google Reader. Use this url

http://forums.toucharcade.com/external.php?type=rss2&forumids=27

Now I'm looking into if its possible to get Email alerts for these...

EDIT2: Looks like there is a website that can do this for you. http://blogtrottr.com/
    Use the rss feed url above and it should send you a new notification for any new items...

3. kia001

kia001 Active Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Totally agree with the TC's sentiment. Such a function would be extremely useful for me.

4. HeroComa

HeroComa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Long Beach, California
    +1 to this idea, I look at this section daily and it's quite the find sometimes and people should get the same opportunity to see what they can get due to the App Store being filled with countless of apps and crap as well lol