TA App Signature Problem

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Hoggy110, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Hey. I've noticed in the past few days that when you're posting from the TA app, your signature doesn't end up appearing. Is this a bug with the app or the forum. Either way, it would be nice if it were fixed

Also, is it possible that in the future, we'll be able to see peoples sigs on their posts in the app?

2. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

I just noticed this after using the TA app also. Would be nice to see this fixed.

As for seeing signatures in posts, since the iPhone (in particular) screen is so small, I don't mind not having a signature for that.

3. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Another question with the app: how do you view spoilers?

4. You tap on the spoiler..it works for me that way

5. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Ah. Thanks!

6. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Why has there been no response to this? I think this is quite a big issue, as a signature can tell a lot about a person.

This needs to be fixed.

7. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It's the same way with every forum app I've ever used (many have their own signature which simply gets added at the bottom of the body of your posts). I think it must be a shortcoming of the forum software not the client applications. Just a guess though...

8. I remember on the GameFAQ message boards, whenever you posted a messgae, your signature would be instantly add to the end of your message...maybe something similar could happen here

9. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    It needs to be done.

TA app is excellent I always use it, but the signatures would be really nice.

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Might as well get another vote in. A lot of developers use it to try and drive people to their game threads, so it'll actually be useful as well as being used for whatever creepy reason these guys want it for.

11. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I don't necessarily care if you can see sigs when using the app, would be nice if it posted it for viewing on website, when posted from app, if that makes any sense at all.

12. Yeah, this is an emergency. K1lljoy got pissed at me for having the same signature as him, when in fact, mine existed before his technically.

I am sad. I told him it was a bug. He said...

13. You know, it's weird, your post on the previous page has a signature. Your post here has none.

Is it cause sometimes you use web view and some the TA app?

Strange.

14. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

I noticed that too. I would assume he posted that from the web.

I'm on the app now. You shouldn't be able to see my sig now.

15. Showing no signature for you now.

16. I kind of wonder if one can have two different signatures using that spoiler edit hack. Try that since you seem bored.

17. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Spoiler edit hack?

18. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Correct

19. In the chatroom, we were talking about this, and someone said if you posted with the app, something like if you did a spoiler tag or something, it would show.

So, was just curious if there was a hack way to have two different signatures, doubt you can, probably one shows one don't, but was curious to see what happened if one did that.