Announcing Tweechi! The First Twitter Powered Virtual Pet

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fuzzy Face Studios, Jul 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzy Face Studios

May 6, 2014
    #1 Fuzzy Face Studios, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    Hi guys,

Chris from Fuzzy Face here. I'm really excited to show you what we've been working on for the last three years, we call him Tweechi! A virtual pet exclusive to the iPhone that is more advanced and interactive than any you've seen before and, most importantly, one that rewards you for doing well on Twitter!

[​IMG]

In Tweechi your retweets on Twitter (tweets of yours that get retweeted) earn you free currency, which we call Zips!

As Wired reported yesterday...

There's so much more to it than just Twitter though and it is designed so that anyone can have fun regardless of whether you use social Networks. Check out the Wired piece for a more info and we'll happily answer questions here too (and of course any features you'd like to see added as updates).

Here are some screenshots so you can see how the game is coming along. If you're interested you can sign up for early adoption at Tweechi.com and we post the odd Vine of it in action on Twitter. We hope to have Tweechi ready for fall this year.

Thanks! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Cool concept. I've signed up for adoption :)

3. superdroid

superdroid New Member

Jul 3, 2015
    very coool stuff..

4. Fuzzy Face Studios

May 6, 2014
    Thanks guys! If there are any features you like to see or a feature that's never been done before in a virtual pet let us know.

We plan on really supporting this with multiple updates (kind of like Pocket God) so the idea to keep a flow of new content coming through for free :)

5. Robbie1350

Robbie1350 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    What happens if I sign up for early adopter

6. Fuzzy Face Studios

May 6, 2014
    If you sign up we'll let you know when Tweechi is finished and submitted to Apple so you can get it on day one :)

7. ausher87

ausher87 New Member

Sep 13, 2015
    Hi Chris,

Tweechi looks great - I'm looking forward to playing with it.

I've been looking for a great pet or 'tamagotchi'-style app for a while. I've tried Hatch, Hatchi, and a few others, and they are all pretty good, but they haven't managed to scratch my itch - I'm hoping Tweechi can.

Couple of questions:

- Can you still play if you're not a big Twitter user? Are there multiple ways to earn currency?
    - Are there multiple characters (Tweechis?) to choose from? I'm not overly fond of how the Tweechi in your screenshots looks (sorry!) so I'd love some customisation options.

Features I'd like to see:

- Some kind of gameplay or in-app rewards based around your iPhone's activity data. Hatch recently added a feature like this.
    - Game Center achievement support

8. Fuzzy Face Studios

May 6, 2014
    #8 Fuzzy Face Studios, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    Hey Anthony

Thanks! Glad you're liking what you're seeing (with the exception of Tweechi himself), we know how you feel - we don't think anyone has quite "nailed" the virtual pet yet so we're doing our best to change that.

To answer your questions...

- Yes you absolutely don't need Twitter to enjoy Tweechi. There's loads of ways to acquire Zips, for instance you get a daily bonus just for firing up the app, also if you keep Tweechi fed and watered he poops gems which turn into Zips when you clean them up. You also get Zips for things like cleaning his teeth each day. Finally if you ever need some extra Zips in a pinch you can opt in to watch an ad for a big Zip bonus. The key for us is making sure nobody feels like they have to spend actual money.

- Due to the high number of animations and the quality of animations we wanted to achieve we only have the one Tweechi character. Most people seem to think his cute so hopefuly he'll grow on you when you get him!

Thanks a lot for the feature suggestions, the activity data idea is awesome and something we hadn't even thought of! The plan is to support Tweechi heavily post release with regular updates to add in new items and features (like Pocket God) so Activity Data and Game Centre are going on the list for the first wave of updates!