Wordicus - a turn-by-turn multiplayer word game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by wossname, Mar 7, 2011.

1. wossname

wossname Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    iOS app dev
    Arizona
    #1 wossname, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
    We have been working almost a year on our next game and it will be launching in just a few short weeks, on April 2nd. I thought I would write up a bit about the game to let you all know what it is about.

We have ads bought with toucharcade so you will probably see some banner ads at the beginning of April. We are really excited as we think the game is a lot of fun. We are a bit biased though I suppose ;)

Wordicus is a turn-by-turn multiplayer word game mixed with elements from match 3 games (bejewled). The game has a leveling system with powerups that unlock every 10 levels. Your first turn has you swapping blocks positions, and your second turn has you swiping to spell words.

The art of the game is inspired by some of our favorite 8bit classics, which is pretty obvious :)

Your player level and game info is all stored in the cloud, so you can log in and play your own games across multiple devices.

The multiplayer components are all handled through openfeint (gamecenter doesn't allow for asynchronous gameplay). You can play quick random matches or you can challenge and play against people you know in your friends list, facebook and twitter.

4 Languages supported :D - This is something really cool. You can play in your own language against people in a different language. The game supports English, French, Spanish and German.

The free version is a full turn-by-turn multiplayer game, and the $.99 version unlocks 2 single player modes as well as an extra 10 levels. The paid version also gets rid of ads and allows you to play 20 multiplayer games at once instead of the 10 you get in the free version.

We are pretty excited for the launch. It is a fun little game that we spent a lot of time on. Feel free to ask any questions and express any opinions on this type of game.

Teaser trailers:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkK4xrZ16os
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZb_YOwWU8Q

Screenshot time:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. anualisher

anualisher Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    IT
    I'll surely give the paid version a try. It's better.:)

3. wossname

Feb 27, 2011
    iOS app dev
    Arizona

When we were deciding how to go about pricing stuff we knew that we had to make multiplayer available for free. Nothing is worse than telling that cheap friend you have to get a game so you can play together, but he refuses because it cost money.

I'm convinced after making this game that every game on the iphone needs to be turn by turn. It is perfect for a device where you can open it up at odd times of the day for a quick 20 seconds of playing.

4. Cellary

Cellary Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    I appreciate your good consideration for us players. Well, i'll definitely hit it on my iPhone after its launch.:)

5. wossname

Feb 27, 2011
    iOS app dev
    Arizona
  6. wossname

Feb 27, 2011
    iOS app dev
    Arizona