iCloud

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jxsgamer, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    #1 Jxsgamer, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
    I have recently been able to update to IOS 5. I was wondering what iCloud exactly does. At first, I thought it something you would make an account for and all your game's progress can be stored/restored from there.

But it doesn't or at least I think it doesn't.

And what the deal with "Weather" keep popping during my playtime? :S

2. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Developers have to add support for iCloud. It can be easy or difficult depending on how the developer has designed their data storage format. In most cases it should be easy, but the iCloud APIs provide an ability for devs to resolve conflicts should that occur.

Weather does not "pop up" for me. Are you talking about the notification banner??

3. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    How do I check if Developers have support for iCloud?

And regarding the weather thing, it happens when you swipe down from the top of the screen. It brings up the weather default app.
    Its quite annoying, I accidently hit it a couple of time while playing FN.

4. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Right now there isn't any way to really search for iCloud support other than a normal text search. I wish you could see all apps that support it. I'd like to support devs that support the latest iOS technologies. W.E.L.D.E.R., Age of Zombies Anniversary, Starbase Orion are some games for which I regularly use the iCloud feature when moving between my iPhone and iPad.

That only happens if you swipe down, and then tap in the weather widget there. The first time you swipe down in a full screen app, a little handle comes down. Don't "pull down" on that. If an app displays the status bar (the bar which shows you what time it is, battery level, etc), then it will come down immediately. Try not to swipe down from the status bar (the game would not respond to that anyway).