Perspective: The Game

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by MasterChief3624, Jan 20, 2013.

1. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Has anyone here tried out this game?

http://www.seewithperspective.com/

I'm on a Mac so I can't try it, but it looks pretty dang cool! The only experience I have with it is from this video.

It looks to be a platforming game where you move your camera in a three-dimensional environment, and move your avatar on a two-dimensional plane. This idea sounds familiar, but I don't remember what game it was that I played that utilized this kind of playing around with the 3D environment to create a 2D plane.

It was created by students at Digipen Institute of Technology, so I thought that would pique your interest a little bit, as Touch Arcade seems to be quite the proponent of independent game development :)

Thought you all might be interested in this! :D

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Coooooool.

Downloaded, will give it a go soon, thanks! ^^

3. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    You're very welcome! Not to bother you, but did you get a chance to play it yet? :)

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    It's pretty interesting, actually.

Reminds me quite a bit of Percepto (App Store link), but with a lot more freedom in terms of where you stop movement.

Quite a cool game, not sure how long it is though. Gives me a bit of a portal vibe for some reason, when you're moving the camera and not the little blue man.