OF cheat scores vs Game center?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Nekcik, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    I've been wondering about this as when I used to play minigore and saw scores like player23048576986 with a score of 375769118 ( a little over exaggerated).
    On Open Feint I think well.. no Fn way! And seeing that score usually turns me off to trying to beat it.. I'm almost willing to bet that score was somehow cheated in using a jailbroken device and going into the game files and modding the score after a paused game or something..I'm sure it's possible.

So is this possible as well on Game Center? are people already doing it?
    I've seen some pretty amazing scores on puppet jump like 211,536 but since my girlfriend has gotten 136k once and I got 119k, that seems possible.

Has anyone witnessed any outrageous scores on GC leaderboards?
    is it possible to hack?

Question to developers... If people are hacking into OF games and posting false games would you drop OF all together in support of GC if it's not hackable?

Thanks for reading and giving some feedback

2. olliewollie

olliewollie Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    I dont think it is possible and from what I'm seeing it ain't happening. I hope that apple will monitor this.

I agree, this put me of OF.

3. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    The leader of flight control has some exorbitant amount like 10k or something, while second place is no where near them.

4. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    according to the DEVS the official record is over 30k. he apparently spent 2 or so months playing in short spurts so the above record seams good.

5. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    OF has a ton of cheated scores, which is why no game lacking ghost replays should be taken seriously. Devs, being aware of this, have installed certain players (e.g. beta testers and champions that the devs claim to "know") in order to lend legitimacy to the rest of the possibly hacked or cheated highscore lists. If not for scoring competition, their games have little going for them, so in a way its hard to blame them.

6. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    With acts like that, is it any wonder no girls like him? I mean, the mofo never showers.

7. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    lol, he has a wife but I dont think she was happy. Probably wanted to smash his phone.

8. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    1 word for you Ollie... Divorce!

9. Shooks

Shooks Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    I saw a score like that on Fruit Ninjas scores as well. I dont know if its still up though.

10. eyemh8

eyemh8 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    To stay stupid
    Estes Park co.
    I think it can be hacked because super mega worm has a high score of over 1,000,000,000 and with how short that game is I don't hunk it possible unless there us a glitch in the game

11. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Definitely hacked.

12. MrLambChopz

MrLambChopz Active Member

Aug 15, 2010
    New Zealand
    With games that are based around getting high scores, OF is really annoying with all the hackers/glitchers. So I'd like to hope that GC is unhackable and that my fav games leaderboards are transferred over asap.

13. eyemh8

eyemh8 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    To stay stupid
    Estes Park co.
    I don't hack stuff so I dont know but I would think hacking the game would be easier than hacking gamecenter I think all the hacked scores are probably pirated games. I mean how small of a dick must they have to hack a score on a cell phone game leader board in order to feel better about themselves?

14. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    30mm?

P.S - 2800 Spent? You need help my man.

15. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    Lol, I thought I had spent allot, maybe a rehab center for app store addicts.

16. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Maybe a straightjacket to stop the spending!

17. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    Lol, so I haven't noticed any hacking yet.

18. eyemh8

eyemh8 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    To stay stupid
    Estes Park co.
    It's 12 steps to get sober and only 3 to buy an app. ;)

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    so with all of the fake Game Center scores now (I know it's been a while since this thread was posted in... and things have definitely changed, now that we KNOW people are posting fake scores...) ... is there anything we can do to get Apple to start doing something about this? Or are we pretty much screwed n forced to compete with cheaters?

20. Geta-Ve

Geta-Ve Well-Known Member

Ya, these fake scores are really off-putting to players. As a developer I am, actually quite surprised that we can't go in and remove the fake scores ourselves. Hopefully there are some good updates to game center come Monday. :)