Market Research Survey Question

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by jkanownik, Jun 9, 2012.

1. I have a market research survey (via SurveyMonkey) I prepared to help kick off the process of developing a game. I posted it on core gaming sites I frequent and I only got 5 responses which led me to look for other sources. That eventually led me here.

Looking at the forum rules it looks like I'm OK to post a request for my survey here, but since I'm new I figured I better check first. Anyone see an issue with asking people to take a survey with a single thread request here? Anyone have experience with conducting surveys and getting a decent sample size?

I searched this forum but didn't see any mentions of market research surveys.

I also notice that the forum is named iPhone and iPod touch developers, but it doesn't mention iPad. I'm assuming that is a legacy effect since there are forum posts going back to 2008. If not, is there another place for iPad development or game discussion?

Thanks,
    Josh
    www.fumovi.com

2. David Phan

David Phan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    President & Producer
    Vancouver
    I personally think requesting survey participation is okay as long as it's industry related. Hopefully you are planning to share the collected results with the community. Or you could always just post your survey questions here and generate a dialogue within the community and collect responses that way.

Either way, I don't think it'll be an issue as the moderation seems to be fairly light when it comes to this forum - which by the way, covers all iOS devices in its discussions.

Cheers,
    DP

3. Thanks. The first half of my survey is general market questions and I'll be happy to share the results of those.