Average daily downloads for new free game

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by danglingneuron, May 31, 2015.

1. danglingneuron

danglingneuron Active Member

May 22, 2015
    Software Developer
    USA
    I am new to iOS and released my first iOS game Air Soccer Fever. last week which is a free online multiplayer soccer game across iOS, Android and Windows Phone.

In 8 days May23rd to May30th, I got 1030 downloads. Is that OK for average free iOS game? I havent done any marketing/promotion besides posting it in the Games subforum on TA.

Are there other iOS sites/forums where I could post about the game to drive some more downloads?

Is it worth it to use iAd campaigns, Admob campaigns, Chartboost campaigns to drive downloads? anyone tried it? results?

How does a game get featured in Best New Games list on itunes? I read in a post here that one has to email apple to request a review? is that correct?

Also can you guys check the game listing and let me know if I need to improve game description or screenshots.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/air-soccer-fever./id994351774

2. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    I think your download numbers are not bad. Apple has a method to give you a number of downloads which google does not but the gift ends rather quick, you will notice the drop. If you luck out that number could help to bring ou over the top.
    Advertising is good but it is costly. We have a game with 100,000 plus downloads and making $300 plus a day from ads but still is not going viral. To get that number of downloads with paid ads you might have to invest $200,000 plus.

3. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Emailing Apple won't help getting featured sadly.

With no marketing those numbers are fine.

4. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    I would agree but it won't hurt you case if you write to them. Good Luck