Amazing app idea. Can't program.

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by robertf224, May 26, 2009.

1. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    #1 robertf224, May 26, 2009
    Last edited: May 26, 2009
    I have an amazing idea for an entertainment app that has the potential to land in the top 10, in lue of the success of similar applications. It would take little programming skills to create. I barely have any programming skills. I am fifteen and I am going to start taking programming classes next year, but right now I know nothing. I feel this idea really could make a lot of money either through selling it at 99 cents or for free with advertisements. If you are interested and have programming skills and have created an app, send me a private message with name of your app, i'll check it out, and maybe we can get something started. Not trying to be cocky, but I am one of the smartest kids in my class and I know I will pick up programming quickly, but I don't want someone to take the idea, so I need to take action now.

2. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    LMAOOOO

You just gave me the teehee's

3. robertf224

Mar 28, 2009
    crappppppp:eek:. hahahahaha. I was typing fast and had a different sentence there. And english isn't my best subject anyway. I'm good at math/science/technology. I just edited it

4. robertf224

Mar 28, 2009
    seriously though if anybody is interested this could rake in some crazy cash for barely any programming work, it's a text based app. I just want polished menus and stuff

5. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Hey Ben and Jerry, I have a great idea for a new flavor of ice cream. Here are my credentials: I went to Harvard, cured cancer, and solved world hunger.

Somebody needs to take you down to earth.

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Meh, I'm 14 and this just sounds stupid.

You're 15. If this thing does bring in "crazy cash", do you really think anybody'll trust you to give them their fair share? You can wait on year to learn to program on your own. That way you don't have to worry about how you'll divide the dough, or if the co-dev tries to sue you if he doesn't think he got what he deserves (or is just greedy and deceptive). And like someone in a similar thread said, "Ideas are a dime a dozen." If you're really comitted to the idea, take my advice; shut up about it, and code it on your own.

7. robertf224

Mar 28, 2009
    yeah the point was that i can't code. I'm just gonna wait. If i did money splitting i would have taken like 40% and given the coder 60% and told them that in the beginning and have apple send them a copy of sales reports or whatver.

8. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

ideas are a dime a dozen, getting a person that can code it into a successful came is 90% of the work. the 40 60 split insn't very appealing to us coders.

9. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA

Well my my. I am THE smartest kid in my class and I always was! You know why? I am the ONLY kid in my class! LOL, good luck.

10. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    yeah, I'm in the same boat, I've got amazing ideas out the wazoo, but no idea how to code them(and yes, I'm fifteen). But what I would suggest is that you use an engine like Torque, which will ease the coding a little bit and just look for help on the forums.

It is impossible to get people on the internet to code for you(for free). believe me, I've tried:D

11. Murdoch

Murdoch Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    #11 Murdoch, May 26, 2009
    Last edited: May 26, 2009
    you might be smart but your to head strong

You get way ahead of yourself, that being said it does not matter how smart you are.
    A level headed person would have done some research.
    For example there are Dev programs which allow you to create apps with minimal or no programing and if your good at looking around you might find some free ones. You just need a mac, or know how to install Mac os on your pc.
    now for the ultra lazy kids out there
    http://www.zapbangdone.com/iphone-dev.php
    ZAP BANG DONE, got an app idea they'll make it happen.

Kids these days.

12. Murdoch

May 22, 2009
    oh a little tip

You must be smart cause you sure dont know how to make friends. lol j/k
    Oh and dont say you do know how to make friends cause youll make yourself look even more foolish.
    seriously though the smartest kids have it rough in school and have no social skills. however their are always exceptions to the rules but they're in a different category. Just cause mommy says your smart doesnt mean you are.
    what officially is considered intelligences is only one type of smarts, what is real intelligence? Is it good grades and going to Harvard is it artistic creativity or is it being successful with women, or having brilliant ideas that never come into reality? Is having a deeper insight that most dont care about?
    Besides the philosophical rhetoric, Let me put it in terms more to your situation.

The socially apt people refrain from talking about themselves.
    If you got a great Idea, fantastic, leave it at that. you'll just drive people away by talking about how great you are. If they ask about you or when you become well known, thats a different story.
    Let people figure out how great you are on their own, you cant force people to believe it. if you can then you should be a priest they look for and need people like you.

13. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I have some good ideas how to make money with iPhone apps.

Create a good Rectable version for iPhone.
    This is a Reactable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm_FzLya8y4

Create a Fantasy Football app for iPhone.
    This is Fantasy Football: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_football_(soccer)

Create a ssg (like super mario), with a cool character, and make him run with a 2D go-kart and go out with prostitutes.

I'd be millionaire if I develop these 3 apps, but I won't.
    ...and you know why?

I want YOU to become rich!!!

*the truth is that it's full of people who have good ideas...don't think you're special just because you thought about "oh...I would make a lot of money if I make slot machine simulator for the iPhone!!!".

14. robertf224

Mar 28, 2009
    btw i wasn't asking to be insulted. If you don't want to help or think i'm dumb thats fine just don't be a jerk about it. I made a thread so i could find help not so I could have people I don't know tell me I'm stupid. I was just saying I'm intelligent to make the point that I could program if I learned to, but I can't yet, and I need help.

15. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    I'd say he's a friggen genius since he got all of you to go off on some little thing he said and he's kept a pretty level head about the whole thing.

Seriously though, quit harping on a few words he said and offer him some help if you have it, if you don't, why are you posting here and trying to rile this poor guy up?

16. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    To let him understand how it works:

there are a few developers and A LOT of people who have "good" ideas for making apps.

One thing to remember is that all of the developers have too many ideas and don't have enough time to create all the stuff they want to develop.

I have some many ideas to solve all the problems of the World, but that's not the point...

17. robertf224

Mar 28, 2009
    Thanks. I've already gotten a few responses so I don't really care what people on this thread are saying. I'm doing most of the work on my own I just need a coder to do a very minimal amount of animation and to put the app together (menus, etc.). It's not like i just have a concept and I want to get a dev to make it for me, and me get credit. I'm doing the bulk of the work, I just need a coder to build an app around my work. It's a simple entertainment app that I am producing near all of the content for.

18. robertf224

Mar 28, 2009
    You really care that much about what I'm doing to write that long of a post on an iPhone games forum to philosophically mock me?

19. Murdoch

May 22, 2009
    #19 Murdoch, May 27, 2009
    Last edited: May 27, 2009
    Yeah I care, sure why not. I thought I gave you viable information but im going to josh ya too kid.
    I gave you information based on what you said, things that I found out on my own. Trust me I would love to cash in on this cow that is the app store.

If you got it all taken care of good for you man, I hope you make as much as the guy who made Ishoot did.
    Let me know what the apps called so I can check it out

I gotta ask, in your app, the code is going to take less work than the GUI?

20. Murdoch

May 22, 2009
    LMFAO!!
    NOW Thats an awesome app/game idea you'll make billions in 1 month easy.

oh no someone else is going to make those billions now spotlight cause you gave away such a cool idea now everyone will jump on it.