Guaging Interest from Fellow Gamers For Smart Phone Game I'm Working On

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jasonmgeorge, Aug 6, 2012.

1. jasonmgeorge

jasonmgeorge New Member

Aug 6, 2012
    I'm working on a smart phone game and I was hoping I could get a little help from fellow gamers in gauging interest in location-based games. It's a spy themed game where players perfrom real-world missions (similar to Geocahcing) to advance the game. Players split into teams and perform missions, such as dead-drops, in public locations to gain intelligence for their team. Over the course of a few months, teams build their intelligence and eventually hack into enemy networks to win the game--at which point the game starts again.

I'm really trying to figure out what type of people would be interested in the game, if any. If you could find a couple spare minutes, I've set up a brief 10 question survey and I could really use your input.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KTKTZQZ

2. jasonmgeorge

jasonmgeorge New Member

Aug 6, 2012
    The survey is below in text form so you can see what you're getting into before wasting your time clicking on a link.

1. Are you male or female?
    Male
    Female

2. Which category below includes your age?
    17 or younger
    18-20
    21-29
    30-39
    40-49
    50-59
    60 or older

3. Do you own an iPhone or Android smart phone?
    Yes
    No

4. In a typical week, about how much time do you spend playing video games?
    Hours
    Minutes

5. In a typical week, about how much time do you spend using your smart phone to play video games?
    Hours
    Minutes

6. In a typical week, about how much time did you spend playing video games before your 18th birthday?
    Hours
    Minutes

7. Do you enjoy playing role playing games (RPGs)?
    Yes
    No

8. Would you be interested in a role playing game (RPG) that utilizes the GPS in your smart phone to incorporate real-world play using mechanics similar to Geocaching?
    Yes
    No
    I am not familiar with Geocaching

9. In a typical month, about how much money, in U.S. dollars, do you spend on average for a smart phone game you enjoy, including in-game purchases?