New iPhone game idea, anyone interested?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Evanology, Jan 17, 2011.

?

Good Idea?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Evanology

Evanology New Member

Jan 17, 2011
    This idea has been stuck in my head for a long time and I wanted to make the game, but have no experience with developing games whatsoever. So I thought of spilling the idea out onto a forum so people can read it and go over the idea, maybe even have a developer take a look. The idea seems so good that it can't be left alone... Note, not all ideas are posted below and this is a BRAIN DUMP, so don't expect it to be polished.

To start off, have you ever played FlOw? Its an older flash game for the computer where you start as this little sperm/fish floating around. You move around and start to eat other ones, growing in the process. The game is also for PS3. This is where the idea came from.

In the iPhone game, you'd start off in a small ship in a vast, randomly generated world. The world would have many biomes, a lot like Minecraft where everything is generated. The difference from Minecraft is that this game would be 2D/2.5D from a top down perspective and you'd be in a ship. This ship would be controlled by the accelerometer and shooting would be controlled by a tap on the screen. Now, in the world, the ship would fly around (sorry for the excessive use of "would") and explore different places. There'd be other aliens to shoot at from different factions, animals far on the ground to notice, and certain areas like caves that can be tapped to enter. The ship would cinematic-ally fly down to the cave and enter. Cities would also be able to be tapped on when seen and many other things.

For the currency, it would be credits, and these credits would buy weapons (randomly generated like Borderlands, but simpler), armor for the ship, colors for the jet engine, and colors for the body. Health and other things would be added.

The aliens would ALSO be randomly generated. This randomness is for the re-playability of the game for a new experience ever time. Each alien would have a different color based on faction (5+) and different weapons and levels. Their stuff would drop once they die from the player. Another thing, opposing factions fight each other. To keep the game balanced, enemies would be spread out in such a way that the player would never find a level 50 alien while their level 10.

Rough Image (Not what it would look like because of no detail at all, just sort of) Imagine everything with WAY more details and armor, colors, ground, etc.:
    [​IMG]
    Sorry about the abnormally large image...

Okay, I've got a lot more to add to this game, like campaign, but I have to study for finals... On a note from where I said 2.5D, I mean like the game Project 72 (search it on iTunes). Its a top down game, but the ships are all semi 3D, which would be really cool for this game. To sum the game up though, it'd be a mixture of Freelancer, Borderlands, FlOw, Project 72, Minecraft, and some WoW (with the leveling only).

Please leave a comment!

2. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Seems like a cool idea. The right dev could make a decent game from it.

3. TooTinyMan

TooTinyMan Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
    #3 TooTinyMan, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
    That actually sounds like a really good idea to me!
    Have you ever played the game Warpgate? It's a lot like you just described, just less awesome.

4. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    This sounds alot like galaxy on fire 2 from a 2d perspective. It actually sounds pretty cool, I played a flash game on the Internet that sounds almost exactly like this. I can't remember the name though.

5. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    cool idea, i played the flash ver before. i would say, many flash titles could be great hit on iOS. the market has proved it.
    good luck, buddy~

6. lord timmie9

lord timmie9 Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    you mean a bit like sid meier's pirates?