Write your game idea from seeing this screenshot

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by q8phantom, Oct 24, 2015.

1. q8phantom

q8phantom Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    #1 q8phantom, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    EDIT:
    Hi

My name is Shbli, Solo Game developer (COMPASSGAMES), some of you might have known me for my previous game "Oraia Rift", Oraia Rift is very big, ambitious project, as for now, I'm diving into something else, something smaller that better fit a Solo developer, a puzzle game.

I, now, brainstorming for a new mobile, touch game idea, for the time being, it is only me working on it, I'm not an artist, I want to create a game, from very simple art, yet creative and appealing, interesting game-play and idea is important, so I'm sharing a screenshot of what I have done in the past 3 hours:

[​IMG]

Once the game idea is established, I'll move it on to the upcoming games forum! ;)

If you like to contribute you may write a simple story, game name, hero (If available) or just anything that comes up to your mind!

Edit:

Thank you for the comments so far

I'm looking to make a puzzle game, real time, not turn based.

What I'm looking for is new interesting ideas to implement, not to copy other games! If anyone is willing to input his ideas, let me know!

Basics:
    Character/Hero Square movement (Level divided into equal squared blocks) (Like LaraCroftGo or Sneaky on iOS)
    Realtime (Not turn based)
    Design might totally change if an artist join me (May turn to 2D)

I need, interesting challenging puzzle elements/monsters. (Elements like switches, push-able objects, monster types)

Thank you everyone for your inputs! ;)

2. Deadpool6902

Deadpool6902 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    The game art looks pretty good

3. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    #3 q8phantom, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    ^^ Thank you, any ideas for that art!

End of day image

[​IMG]

That may help a bit more, I'm thinking about "Slow" and "Puzzle" game, that make the player think while playing, without rush.

4. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    My immediate thought was marble blast ultra... Secondary thoughts were Bloxors

5. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    I'm thinking to make

Escape the room/Puzzle/Dungeons game

I'm trying to think about puzzle ideas, bringing something new to the App Store and mobile games.

6. supafly129

supafly129 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    nice man looks interesting, my first thought was a Monument Valley type of puzzle game

7. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Something like shift?

8. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Like a hit man or Lara croft go type game .

9. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Hi everyone

Thank you for the comments ;)

I'm looking to make a puzzle game, real time, not turn based.

What I'm looking for is new interesting ideas to implement ;) not to copy other games! If anyone is willing to input his ideas, let me know ;)

Basics:
    Square movement (Like LaraCroftGo or Sneaky on iOS)
    Realtime (Not turn based)

I need, interesting challenging puzzle elements/monsters.

Thank you everyone for your inputs!

10. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Shift? Is it a game, I tried to search for it but never found it.

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Reminds me of 'Lights' from PuzzleManiak:

[​IMG]

For a real time game?

The stuff is oozing out of the doors at top and trying to reach the door at left, or a drain at the bottom or something. With substantial mass that black knight appears and is trying to get to one of the doors.

You can place/remove lanterns to redirect flow. The stuff avoids the light, but you can't just drop a lantern into a filled area, it gets extinguished. You must manage your lanterns and prevent the knight from reaching its goal and/or trap it in a disconnected pool.

Or maybe the knight is attracted to the lamps, and you must manage the flow as long as you can while keeping your lamps going - you get points based on time.

Or perhaps you have to encourage the stuff to connect certain doorways to complete a circuit, while avoiding the knight.

Thanks for the mental exercise, the artwork is neat! I can close my eyes and see the pixels flowing...

Time for more coffee.

12. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    You've written a great idea so far! Thanks for taking the time to write, I love how did you describe the black knight, gives the feel of danger to the puzzles.

13. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
  14. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    The hot ticket right now would also be to consider a level creator so you can play levels you and others create. May not be easy to execute.

15. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Neat!

Thanks for sharing your work in progress, and good luck! :)

16. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Thank you! Very nice idea!

For any comment, please post in the other thread for me and everyone to follow up and comment on it ;)

I'm not sure if this is going to work in this game, but it should work on another game, sounds really fun!