Untouched paid games...what to buy

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Aylek, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Aylek

Aylek Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Has anyone have the problem on having to buy too many games and hardly even touching it?

I spent about 50 bucks on games I hardly even play so can anyone give me some advice on what games I must have?

I enjoy mostly puzzle and action games, but any genre is ok.

2. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    I have the same problem. I bought Mevo, Touchgrind, Sway, Aqua Forest (BIG mistake), and a bunch of other games of the sort. What do you mean by action games.

Good Puzzle Games:

-iBlast Moki

(I'll add more in a bit)

3. H-T0WN/G4M3R

H-T0WN/G4M3R Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Yeah I have the same problem as you, and enjoy the genre/s

My two favorite games:
    -MiniSquadron
    -Jet Car Stunts

-HtG

4. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    well there are good pick up and play games (doodle jump, icopter, UKA, mini squadron, run!, wheeler's treasure)
    AND
    there are.
    -JetCarStunts
    -Fieldrunners
    -Defender Chronicles
    -Toki Tori Puzzle
    -CoD: Zombies

(there are a bunch more which I personally like, but the list would be too long if i bothered)

5. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    #5 jecebn, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
    This is pretty much the case with every game I buy- I have spent more money than I care to admit in the app store, purchasing pretty much every half-way decent game that gets released... yet I spend less than half an hour with any given game that I buy (with a few exceptions - PathPix, Mr. Mahjong, Civilization, Drop7 and the Settlers)

6. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    i think that's the story of 90% of TAer's (..LOL TAer's)

my best advice is to only buy games that are "one more go" like, or REALLY in-depth and lonngg gameplay, or good as hell multiplayer (Cod, galcon)

7. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Same problem for me... I think I will pay more attention to reviews now :rolleyes:

8. Aylek

Aylek Member

Nov 19, 2009
    action games like...samurai wotw or dungoen hunter.

9. enuhski

enuhski Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I know what you mean! Half of what I originally purchased, I hardly play now.

I've reviewed about 16 puzzle games so far and I can recommend Parking Break out of all of them. If you're interested in the quest/escape-room type of puzzle game, I can also recommend iPanic Room - but if you're looking for lots of levels, it might not work for you. Or if you want a puzzle game/time management/design type then I'd recommend Home Sweet Home.

As for action games, Tap Fu is fun, and I personally like Alice in Bomberland (even though it's incredibly difficult to survive!). If you're into shooter games, you can also check out Nanoids. :)

10. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    good advice