Announcing Dungeonslayer RPG in beta

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by needsnacks, Jun 18, 2009.

1. needsnacks

needsnacks New Member

Needsnacks Studios is please to announce that Dungeonslayer has entered beta testing today. You can follow our progress at http://www.dungeonslayer.com and check out some screenshots and gameplay video. The beta is being managed through ibetatest.com for now so please apply if interested.

Here are some screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gameplay Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SPSD6NKlbQ

(I would embed if I knew how)

2. iReview

iReview Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Here it is :

Nice graphics,

3. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    This looks so cool. Something the App Store is in dire lack of.

4. qingwa

qingwa Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    looks good but i kinda like a d-pad (transparent) like zenonia that way i can get more immersed in the game and my hand doesn't end up blocking up half the screen everytime i move the character around.

5. mofard

mofard Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    your hand will always block the screen in iphone touchscreen games

6. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    I hope they put in auto loot pickup, but the graphics are definitely cool

7. iReview

iReview Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    My Opinions
    The graphics outline is sharp and fine and smooth, dont mess with it, maybe just add more detail to it, your in the right place. Detail is all that needs to be added, not the background, but the items and monsters and such. Hope theirs an auto loot option aswell, their aren't many of these on the iphone/ipod touch. It would take alot of work but you could be cool and add option to choose from:
    -Tap and move
    -D pad
    -Joystick\:D

8. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Looks pretty sharp. I just went and applied for a beta position :)

9. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Looks like a serious Underworlds contender. I like the graphics and all their smoothness, but like an above poster said, focus on details of the Monsters/Character/Weapons/Armour and no so much the background. Yeah the background is good to look nice, but the majority of us care in detail of everything else.

10. MyLilPWNY

MyLilPWNY Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    It looks awesome but so did underworlds and that turned out to be crap so please make the game longer than underworlds so it will be good

11. shap08

shap08 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Manchester United FAN!
    Australia-DownUnder
    I applied to be a beta tester but i haven't been approved...i sent an application over a day ago. My username in ibetatest.com is shap08

12. needsnacks

needsnacks New Member

Thanks for applying! We're still in the process of selecting the test candidates and will be communicating with you shortly.

Needsnacks

13. deckard

deckard Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    First, MyLilPWNY stop smoking whatever yer smoking, Underworlds is not 'Diablo' but it's most certainly not crap.

Dungeonslayer on the hand seems to be aiming DIRECTLY for 'Diablo on the iPhone' and that alone has my full attention...will be watching this one verrrrrry closely.

14. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    +1 Underworlds is a solid game, and Dungeonslayer looks to have that Diablo potential. This will be interesting to see how this evolves.

15. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Agreed, Underworlds is definitely a good game with a good foundation. Dungeonslayer has a very appealing graphical style and if it can deliver the RPG gameplay we'd all love to see, it will be an awesome game.

16. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    reminds me of Mythos. and i'm definitely following this game! WOW! dungeonslayer looks to be very promising!

17. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    from the video, it looks like that the environments are too "empty". it'd be nice to have trees, houses, bushes outdoors. and in the dungeons to have barrels, torches, and the like

18. needsnacks

needsnacks New Member

Welp... we've made some bug fixes and enhancements and have released the game to the Apple review process. Thanks to everybody that has helped up to this point and continue to help test if you like:) We expect to add more enhancements soon after the initial release to the appstore. Hopefully we can make an official release statement soon!

Here is an updated video clip and screenshots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Damn, how did I miss this thread when it was made? Are you still acceptig beta applicants?

20. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    I like picking up loot :) looks like it will be a fun game.