How is Ketchapp as a publisher? Any experience?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by FlowStudioGames, Apr 22, 2015.

1. FlowStudioGames

FlowStudioGames Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Co-Founder
    Europe
    Hey guys, I wonder if anyone of you has an experience with Ketchapp as a publisher. Have you been in talks with them, how did they responded and if you cooperated how are you satisfied? Thanks.

2. nxtboyIII

nxtboyIII Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Well they follow me on Twitter but i haven't ever talked to them

3. JoeMarshall

JoeMarshall Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Game Developer, Podcaster
    USA
    I have made games that I think they would love, but never reached out to them because they have virtually no information on who they are or what they do if they decide to publish your game. I can tell they have a good relationship with Apple because they would not have been featured for so many of the games they publish if they didn't have a good relationship. Wish I knew more myself.

4. FlowStudioGames

Dec 14, 2011
    Co-Founder
    Europe
    Yes, basically any game is featured in Best New, no matter how "small" it is.

5. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Don't ever submit games to them. They are well known to "steal" games ans recreate and publish for themselves.

6. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
  7. FlowStudioGames

Dec 14, 2011
    Co-Founder
    Europe
    I just hope Ketchapp has the same app review time as we have so we will be able to launch "Mr. Muscle" sooner :) I think the game fits their gameplay preferences, it's one-tap portrait fast-reaction game. Check the video.
    [hqyoutube]wqsJnPcfBq8[/hqyoutube]

8. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Cute game, but I don't see why ketchapp wouldn't make the game itself since they could do it in a day or two and then not have to share profits unless your game is expected to only make a few hundred in revenue.

9. FlowStudioGames

Dec 14, 2011
    Co-Founder
    Europe
    If they're taking submissions of other games they should avoid to copy submitted concepts. That's the downside of opening the company to other developers, you'll quite often see concepts which are interesting and you would like to invent/create them on your own.

Otherwise what's the purpose of being a published, stealing and reproducing ideas of others? In general, I'm not judging Ketchapp, just generally defining publisher's role and asking other devs about their experience with submitting games to them.

10. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    But you don't own the copyright to the game concept, just the art and assets.

I think that might be a plus of taking submissions that you get to have a look at the concepts before it hits the market and then beat them to it.

Personally I think they are probably looking to expand into other areas which have longer development times which carry higher risk so they don't do it.

11. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    The interesting point is that no one here had one of their apps published by Ketchapp. They are publicly advertising to attract new developers to work with them but no one person here has and I am sure many have gotten in touch with them.

12. Lysogora

Lysogora Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Unity3d developer
    Ukraine
    I've submitted 3 different games to them, but no result. no answer.

13. Storm Factory

Storm Factory Active Member

Apr 8, 2015
    What are the 3 games? Are they live?

14. uriweru

uriweru Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Thanks for the link 1stSpin. In the past I have been contacted by publishers from asia but I always feared that they would steal my game.

15. orangebowl

orangebowl Active Member

Jul 11, 2015