Any new graphic capabilities unlocked with iOS 4?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Akhilpo, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Akhilpo

Akhilpo Well-Known Member

I bought my itouch 3g 32gb six months, but none of the games till now are not completely utilizing its graphics capabilities. I heard iOS 4 provides anti-aliasing for developers to implement and i think this will be a greatly enhance 3rd gen devices than even 4th gen because of the low resolution screen on the 3rd gen. Does anyone know any other enhancement that comes with iOS 4 or any games that utilize these?

2. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Anchorman
    Channel 4 Newsroom
    AA is all I heard for graphic enhancements but more or less os4 to me seems to be a Vista os. (Prettier interface but a resource hog oink oink, never have I seen my 3rd gen under 50MB of free ram space until I installed os4. Usually would always be over 130MB of free ram space 90% of the time on os3...)

But I don't know much about Apple's Game Center but it seems that would be the biggest thing for me if it turns out to be like xbox live... Would help Apple's iDevice to get a place as a true gaming handheld.

3. Akhilpo

Akhilpo Well-Known Member

I am not at all worried about the free RAM because due to the implementation of multitasking, all applications will reside in memory even when they are closed. But when an app or game need more memory, these paused apps will be terminated. So in order to measure free ram we should reboot the device and measure the free ram before running any app. If there is any jailbroken device owners here, please measure the free RAM. I am interested to know that. My device is not jailbroken on iOS4 as I have an iPod touch 3G and there is no jailbreak released for it yet.