How Many Ipods Have You Gone Through?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by CAPTAINK555, Apr 13, 2010.

1. CAPTAINK555

CAPTAINK555 Active Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Area 51
    The title says it all. I'm currently on my second itouch after my first had battery failure.

2. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    first iPhone....and if it breaks, I won't be buying another.....don't have that kind of money to spend

3. RJ

RJ Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    California
    I still have my first iPod. The first gen ipod nano. Still use it a lot, battery is great.

Still on my first iPod Touch. Got it last year on Black Friday at Circuit City (R.I.P. ...Haha!).

So None yet, i guess.

4. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    I had a 2nd Gen iPod Nano for 1 year and 3 months and currently I have a 1st Gen iPod Touch (it's been 2.5 years). I was about to upgrade a couple of weeks ago, but chose not too and am now thinking of buying the iPad.

5. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    If you can hold out another year, wait for the next-gen iPad--for a couple of reasons:
    1. As a general rule of thumb, NEVER buy a first generation device
    2. The next iPad could have several key features that this one is missing, including a camera and a flash player

6. polyfonken

polyfonken Well-Known Member

first gen touch - stolen in a park after ~6 months. was drunk, own fault :D
    first gen touch 2 - used for a year, now gathering dust. battery still ok but it's slow and it's not
    an iphone 3gs - in use, both as a dev device and as my phone. i loves it.

7. addiego

addiego Active Member

Jan 13, 2010
    I have the first gen 16bg and ive had it since christmas the year it came out.

8. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    Just the 1, iPod Touch 2nd Gen. 3.x update, lasted for 2, almost 3 years. I think its about finished. :C

9. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    IT
    2. 1st Ipod touch got dropped in water.
    My current one is 3rd gen. 32 gig touch.

10. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

my first was an ipod shuffle- the 1G that was long and hand a dongleso you could hang it around your neck. That stopped being recognized my my PC so I splurged on a 32 gig iPod 5G-loved it until I dropped in the toilet. My current is a 2G iPod Touch, but when this breaks, loses its battery or whatever, I'll not be replacing it with anything from Apple.

11. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    one (1) 2g iPT bought back in Sept '08 right after it came out. back then I didn't know it was a new model nor did I know about the app store. I was deciding between a touch and a nano :rolleyes:

12. marlenedegrood

marlenedegrood Well-Known Member

I've bought every iPod/ iPhone/Touch/iPad/Classic/Nano/Video made except the first generation shuffle ..... and they all still work and I still kinda use some of the older ones now and then.

13. Spitfire3775

Spitfire3775 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Earth
    I had a 30gb 2nd gen iPod video and It got stolen. I got a iPod video30 gb again and It died after a few years. Then I got a nano and returned it. I so got a iPod classic 120 gb and returned it. Then I got a 2nd gen 16 gb iPod touch. Now I have a 16 gb iPhone 3gs

14. oldskooler81

oldskooler81 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Michigan
    Let's see I think 4
    The first iPod in 2001
    them I'm not sure if it was the Photo or Color but I had one of those
    then I had the 1g touch and now the 3g touch

15. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    nano 2
    nano 3
    touch 2

each time i got a new one i gave the old one to my little brother

16. elimcfly

elimcfly Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Had a 5G IPod Classic. The games on that were pretty fun along with the 32gb Harddrive, it was awesome. I went through two batteries however, and the harddrive ended up going to hell. So I really didn't like it.

Then I switched to an Ipod Touch, had it for a year and its just amazing. Probably the best thing i've ever bought!

17. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I had an iPod back in 2003, and now my iPhone 3GS. So two.

18. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    way too many.

19. kalel39

kalel39 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    #19 kalel39, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
    My first gen ipod (scroll wheel) still works, so does my first gen (sits on my desk) and second gen (gave it to my brother) shuffle. I also have a 5th gen ipod (use as alarm and jukebox), 3rd gen nano (audiobooks only) and iphones 1G and 3GS.

I also got my employers to buy me the ipod that has the four buttons under the screen (2003-04) and the 2nd gen nano. I said I needed them as an external hard drive. Had to give them back when I left though.

20. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I've only had one iPhone so far. I've dropped it a few times, but nothing major. Only a few scratches on the back, that's all.