Scariest iPhone Games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by barl, Jul 4, 2010.

1. barl

barl Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Artist, Filmmaker
    Cardiff, UK
    Are there any genuinely scary, heart-pounding, sweat-inducing, white-knuckle (hyperbole overload!!) games available on the App Store?

The only "scary" games I've played are "Soul", "Silent Hill - The Escape", Fallen EP 1 and Resident Evil 4 - which I found the latter to be disappointing. Gameloft's attempt: "Zombie Infection" lacked any atmosphere or scares, despite being a good game otherwise.

Are there any decent scary games out there on the App Store?

I can only dream of a Silent Hill 2 port, but Konami seem to be treating App Store customers like fools.

2. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    lol there isn't a scary game for iphone... I've tried "soul" and "fallen" but I have never had the famous "jump-from-the-chair"! :(

3. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    Hysteria project's supposed to be scary, but it was dumb

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Mystique is pretty nice... The atmosphere is scary, and I definitely jumped a couple times.

I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat, though :p

Mystique 2, from what I've played, is also scary. Though I'm completely stuck on the first portion of the game :\

Mystique is pretty short, though. If it's $1, it's worth it for the atmosphere and scares.

5. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Enviro Bear.
    It's all nice............. until you encounter the badger.

Ever since the incident with the badger, I have had nightmares and I keep on hearing rustling noises like a badger is trying to get into my house.

6. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Plants vs. Zombies scared the living shit outta me. I had nightmares of them eating my plants for weeks.

7. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I found Soul very freaky, nothing else at all has made me feel that on the App Store. Horses for courses.

8. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    have not been scared yet. pout. heh

chris.

9. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    NY Zombies or Littlest Pet Shop.

10. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    NY zombies is awesome scary ...soul is craping the hell out of me till nw...aftermath is nice cause i like its atmosphere..u should give it a try....mystique is waaay waaaay scary awesome horror game with its two parts 1 and 2...call of duty world at war is also awesome i think those are the most awesome games and scariest and ofcurse including resident evil 4 and silent hill

11. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    CoD: Zombies is not really scary, but it really shocks you when a zombie whacks you from behind and you're not expecting it. I jumped in my seat when that happened :p

12. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Same, especially when you're in the dark :p

13. justlegos

justlegos Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Student/Cart Pusher
    Iowa
    If I were you, I'd keep your eye out for the upcoming Forgotten Memories, watching the gameplay videos scare the crap out of me, I had nightmares for a week after seeing it, so yeah. Just search Forgotten Memories here on the forums!

14. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    yeah i agree too fogotten memories will be the most scariest app in the app store..its videos are waaay awesome..i just hope this game be released too soon

15. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Isn't that what scary is?

16. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Playing "Soul" with headsets made me jump. Headsets are key if you want to get scared as you it enhances the horror aspect of your gaming environment. "NY Zombies" doesn't scare as much as it maintains a pretty taut pace throughout. My heart definitely gets a pounding what with the cool-creepy atmospheric OST.

17. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    No that's just cheap scare like most 'horror' films thesedays.

18. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Well what other "scary" are you thinking of? Gore? Personally, that's sickening, not scary.

19. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Atmospheric and cerebral scary, like Rosemary's Baby, The Shining, The Innocents, The Omen (1976), The Wicker Man (1974) and other movies of the like.

The Sixth Sense as well, to some extent.

Also most notable Asian Horror films: Ringu, Ju-On, A Tale of Two Sisters, Shutter, and a long long list of many others.

Scares that make you jump = Cheap
    Scares that deal with gore = Cheap
    Scares that make you look over your shoulder when you go home after watching the movie, or make you scared of going to sleep = Effective

I could go on forever, listing amazing horror films that take the psychological approach. But I'll save you the reading.

20. RandomSomebody

RandomSomebody Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    surprised no one mentioned silent hill. That f-ing wheelchair will always haunt me:p