Win $100 Gift Card - review TESLA'S ELECTRIC MIST

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by tielore, Dec 1, 2012.

1. tielore

tielore Well-Known Member

#1 tielore, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    This contest is now Closed. Winner to be announced within the next few days.

[​IMG]

To celebrate the release of our latest game, TESLA'S ELECTRIC MIST. We're giving away a $100 iTunes gift card!

To qualify for the drawing all you have to do is leave a review on the app store, then copy your review into this post.

Here's the iTunes Link:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/teslas-electric-mist/id568809196?mt=8

In addition to the your review entry, you can earn an extra 10 entries into this contest by creating a youtube video about the game and posting the link here.

The contest will run for 10 days and 100 reviews. If after 10 days we haven't received at least 100 reviews, we may extend the contest for another 10 days, until we reach at least 100 reviews.

Note: (The winner's entry will go through a verification process before being announced to insure that the actual review or youtube video belongs to them. Apple seems to filter reviews and they may not show up for 24-48 hrs in some instances. Only reviews that actually appear in iTunes will qualify.)

2. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    How long will this competition go on for ? Closing date?

3. tielore

Good catch. I just modified the post to include the length of the contest. Basically we're shooting for a hundred reviews within ten days.

4. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    I've finished the game and written a brief review, but unfortunately I can't post it to the app store as I picked up the game via a promo code redeemed via my iPad (redeeming a code through iTunes instead has traditionally always let me post a review).

Still, here 'tis:

--

I picked this up via a promo code earlier today and knocked it out in about an hour or so; the game was enjoyable enough and showed an obvious level of care, with solid audio and visual detail. There are a couple of those weird "superimposed painted objects" moments, but for the main part the artwork is fine, if more functional than awe-inspiring.

The only real problem with Tesla's Mist is that it suffers that age-old adventure game balance problem, namely, "Do we make the puzzles abstract or logical?" Unlike some adventures that have you picking a lock with a rubber duck, TM pretty much always goes for the obvious solution, in that if you come against an obstacle, you can pretty much figure out what you'll need to overcome it long before you find that item. This isn't a bad thing, and makes for fast-paced gameplay even when you have four or five tasks to do, but ironically the lack of artificial (possibly unfair) restrictions and obscure solutions does tend to cut the length and challenge down somewhat.

The game still needs tidying up, as there are a handful of graphical glitches, a bit of awkward and stilted writing, a bug where you can pick up an infinite number of the same key from the desk in the house, and one puzzle (moonshine still) that is broken in that you can solve it before you even get all of the items you need to do so. The ending is also incredibly abrupt and not particularly satisfying.

On the positive side, the game brings a couple of incredibly welcome features to the game, even if they're not immediately apparent. Using the notepad in the backpack opens up a screen that allows you to flip across pages containing all the clues you've discovered for puzzles, and also provides as a map that shows an image of each of the rooms, along with any unexplored connections. This makes things much easier if you've picked up an item but forgotten where you need to use it; you can simply look at the map and see if there's a path you haven't taken, for example, or scan the images for that music box for which you just found the key. The only thing I'd like to see added is the ability to fast-travel to accessible rooms by tapping on the map rather than marching back and forth across the entire gameworld every minute or so.

The game also has a detailed in-game hint facility (although I didn't find the need to use it), and a handful of achievements for finding and tapping on certain unremarkable items scattered around the various locations. On the whole, I'd recommend Tesla's Mist to those looking for a new iOS adventure game that has you using items and solving puzzles rather than checking off lists of hidden objects. :p

5. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    #5 ip4weather, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    promo code user

Review:

First i am very surprised with artwork,yes i like the graphic and puzzles is good with few challenge puzzles,i found bug with the key on the desk in house on begining(you can click 10 times on desk and you can pick up 10 same keys).Game speed is awesome,no waiting and fast loading.Story is the best thing in the game.I know very good who is Nikola Tesla and i like that i see names from my country in game.Also good part of game is sounds...this game deserve 5 stars and i want to recommend to all,thank you!

6. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Got it before the sale but totally worth it, I played the very early beta I'll leave my review later

7. buzzard

buzzard Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    San Diego
    Great point and click puzzle game. Really impressive art work. Got a promo code to check it out, but the game is definitely worth buying.

8. tielore

This bug has been fixed and will be in the upcoming release.

This is cool to hear. We searched to find family names from Tesla's home country to put in this one particular part of the game. We needed a clue, and really wanted it to be something personal to Tesla. It's really awesome to see someone from his home country knew and recognized that.

9. tielore

We just uploaded version 1.0.1 to apple last night with a bunch of bug fixes. You can check out the bug fixes in our description on iTunes.

10. tielore

One of our fans, "Appyshka" did the first set of walk-through videos on Tesla's Electric Mist. So, anyone still struggling with any of the puzzles, you could check out Appyshka's walk-through videos on youtube. - Thanks Appyshka, it was awesome to see. :)

11. tielore

Tesla's Electric Mist is now also available on the Amazon App Store as well, which means it's available on Android and Kindle Fire now.

Here's the link: Tesla's Electric Mist on Amazon

So, if you've been holding off on joining our contest because you only have Android devices, well now's your chance. Make sure to leave us a review if you get it.

12. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Since I helped beta test I only have an ad-hoc version of the game, which basically means I can't post in iTunes no matter what. The developer was kind enough to allow me to re-post a blurb I posted about the game on a different web site, so here goes:

"While it may be true that a good tester is doing a developer a favor, I also consider it a privilege to be able to test games because it gives me a chance to play them ahead of time. I got the opportunity to help beta test this game, and I was so excited to see it finally come out. Tesla’s Electric Mist involves time travelling and an experiment gone wrong (two separate events), the crux of many a good science fiction story. You start off exploring a family home and soon find yourself in Colorado Springs in the late 1800’s. The game contains more than 150 scenes to explore and dozens of puzzles to solve. There is plenty of challenge, but you’ll never feel like you’ve really gotten stuck anywhere. The graphics are among the best I’ve seen in an iOS adventure game, and there’s enough to do that you’ll never get bored. I do wish that more of these adventure games would up the ante on NPC interaction, because that’s one thing I really enjoyed about the heyday of adventure gaming in the late 80’s and early 90’s. Other than that, this is one top notch product."

I would have just posted the link to the post but for some reason I remember reading in the forum rules that wasn't allowed. Anyway, great game, and everyone that likes adventure games should get it :)

[Edit]

By the way, the developer has seen the original post, so he knows I'm not making this up ;)

13. Grin King

Grin King Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Definetly one of the best adventure games out there, and optimized for iPhone 5!

Under the name Bilal9378

14. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I posted in the other thread earlier, and have now finished the game. It's a fun point-click adventure game. There are objects you pick up along the way to open doors, solve puzzles, etc. Clues are written down automatically in a notebook. The map and hint system, seen via the notebook, are well implemented.

Possible spoiler regarding small glitch:
    I think I found a glitch at the end, but worked around it. I had the final mist color (I only had one color left (yellow), right coil on, mist showing the right color) but the device wouldn't open. I went back to the other two coils and turned them on/off again and it opened.
    So, not a big deal.

Overall, a fun game that fans of point-click adventure games should enjoy.

15. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    So how's the contest coming along? Will you be extending it for another 10 days?

16. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Reviewed as dreadnok

Entertainer

17. tielore

So guys, the contest didn't really get enough attention i guess, cause we only seem to have a handful on entries. We were hoping for at least 100 entries, and have extended the contest in hopes of that. But at this point, just to give an update, we are planning on drawing a winner around the first part of next month regardless of how many entries there are at that point. So good luck to all of you.
    When we do the drawing, I'll go through and include any reviews that were posted to any of our posts on this site, since some of my posts didn't make it clear enough that you needed to post specifically in this thread. So don't worry if you posted somewhere else on accident, I'll include your entry. We only had one user who did a youtube walk-through video, so he'll be getting an extra 10 entries into the contest. It's not too late for other walk-through videos.. wink, wink.
    Thanks for supporting the game, and Happy Holidays to all of you.

Tyler
    iCOOLgeeks

18. Happy New Year! Thank you for a promo code. I really enjoyed the challenge that awaited me. I will leave my review here.

A Gorgeous Touch-Enabled Puzzle Adventure Game.

This mystery solving adventure game will appeal to the geeky gamer. There are lots of puzzles to solve. Some knowledge of science will definitely be helpful. The colorful sceneries presented in 3 different seasons is eye popping on the iPad. The 6 different colored electrical mist (appearing in part 3 of game) is beautifully rendered and really adds to the atmosphere of the game.

There are 3 parts to this adventure. In Part 1, you figure out that you need to go back in time using Tesla's time traveling device. In Part 2, you were told that you got there too late and needed to go back further in time to fix what happened. You have to collect 6 different colored bulbs to activate the time traveling device again. In Part 3, you needed to solve 6 color-coded puzzles in the presence of the corresponding colored electrical mist to save the people of Colorado Springs.

Although the puzzles and hidden objects may be difficult at times, there is a build-in hints section to keep you going in case you get stuck. On top of that, there is a bonus mini game of sorts that you need to collect hidden items that are not needed to complete the game but will show up in the GameCenter Achievements. A must play game if you are inclined toward puzzle adventure games.

The video walkthrough by Appyshka is sped up and compressed. It may be a little hard to follow, especially in parts 2 and 3. I have created a real time walkthrough for the Tesla's Electrical Mist for those who needed more help or just wanted to see how the game look in HD video. Enjoy. :)

19. RobinRichard

RobinRichard New Member

Jan 9, 2013
    A puzzling thriller game that gets you addicted

My Review:

I always liked thrillers, especially the ones that put you into the action. This game lets you travel through time and save a town from an experiment gone wrong. It was fun and at the same time eerie, to be in a town where no one exists, to look for clues, in the hope of fixing everything, to be a hero, that's everyone's dream. This games satisfies your need to solve the problem. With 3 chapters of detective fun, the game promises to keep you glued to your device, till you can figure out what's going on and how to stop it once and for all.

To sum it up, if you like Sci-Fi and Thrillers and want to be in the action, this game is a must buy!

20. nerdherd

nerdherd Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Reviewed as nerd_herd1 on US app store
    Thanks for the game and contest